Chapter 18~Summer

“Out for another run? That’s twice in one day!” Daphne widened her eyes up at me momentarily from her book. I had one ear bud in my left ear while the other was hanging at my side. I smiled to her and nodded. “Well, be careful” She said

“Daphne, I’m positive that Sirius black is going to come anywhere near here” I rolled my eyes at her. She gasped and covered my mouth while looking around.

“It’s night time! He may very well be watching us right now!” She whispered in my ear. I wiggled out of her grasp. “Just, be luck there’s not a full moon out. I heard he’s at his strongest then”

“Well I’ll be sure not to talk to any strange dogs then” I laughed and was almost out the door when…

“Another jog? You do know that a killer is on the loose right?”

“Yes, Luther, I know” I sighed

“Victoria, two jogs? We weren’t sure that you were coming home from the first one” Francine, Mrs. Greengrass, called from the other room.

“Look, I promise you all I’ll be back in an hour” I smiled at their worry and left the mansion. I stuck the other bud in my ear and turned up my music.

 I started to jog with my ponytail swinging behind me. I turned my regular corner and felt a rush of fear. It was a lot darker than usual because the alley lights were burnt out. Nevertheless, I told myself to keep running and that I was fine.

That confidence disappeared.

I was grabbed by the waist and slammed against the brick wall. I screamed but it was muffled from a hand over my mouth. I couldn’t see anything and I had left my wand at the mansion. Good one Victoria. Way to stay on top of things.

“Long time no see” A voice whispered, very close to me

“Who are you?” I whimpered

“Someone that you may of heard about”

Sirius Black

“Please don’t kill me” I sobbed

“Ok” And the strain was released. Someone walked into the light of the moon and then my eyes adjusted…

“Damn it, Draco! You scared the hell out of me” I threw a rock at the cocky boy from school

“Victoria?” He questioned

“Yes” I nodded to confirm. “Wait. Please don’t tell me that you do this to random girls”

“Aww. Would you be jealous if I did?” He stepped closer to me and I rolled my eyes. “But no. I just didn’t see how much you’ve changed until now”

I looked at me hair and he laughed

“Not your hair, stupid. You” He stepped a little closer to me. “Such an American”

“Excuse me?” I snapped

“Bless you” He smirked and I glared at him. “I said you’re stupid because you’re an American”

“I am not stupid” I crossed my arms over my chest and I then noticed how close our noses where…too close.

“Oh really?” He smirked and poked his wand to my throat. I smirked back, it was an easy win, and reached for my wand.

Damn

“Uh oh. No wand? That’s awfully dangerous considering that there’s a killer on the loose, and awfully stupid. Almost as stupid as your boyfriend, Potter” Our noses were almost touching!