Chapter 21

“Professor Lupin?” I knocked on the slightly ajar door of the empty classroom. I peeked in and saw him look up from his desk.

“Victoria” He spotted me. “It’s after dark”

“Well, I’m not the only one sneaking around after dark” I said, slightly stepping into the classroom more.

“What do you mean?” He seemed a little defensive. “You shouldn’t be sneaking around when there’s a killer on the loose”

He didn’t mean that. You can see it in his eyes.

“That’s what I came to talk to you about” I said cautiously. He motioned for me to come closer to him. I slowly did.

“You want to hear more stories about-“

“No” I shook my head

“Well, then, what’s troubling your brilliant little mind?” He asked with a smile

“I know you were friends with him” I said quietly. Lupin looked shocked so I quickly added. “He told me”

“He told you?” He questioned

“Sirius Black” I whispered

“How?” He seemed almost emotionless

“I met him in an alleyway” I whispered

“And he…?”

“Told me everything” I finished and he sighed

“I was told you were a lot like your mother…I didn’t think you got yourself into trouble as much as she did” Lupin came to me and hugged me. I hugged him tightly back and let a few tears fall. It was odd how much I felt for people than knew my mother.

“I’m scared for him” I sniffed

“There’s nothing we can do. We can only hope. Hope will always be our best friend” Lupin said wisely. I looked up at him with pained eyes.

“But what if hope only brings us so far? What if they find Sirius? What if they find Sirius and try to kill him?” I sobbed quietly

“Victoria” Lupin whispered. “This isn’t something for you to worry about”

“Yes it is” I cried. “There are only so many people that really knew my mom. Professor, I don’t even have my dad to look to. I don’t even know my dad’s name”

“If it helps at all” He rocked me in his arms. “I was good friends with your mother too”

“You were?” I sniffed

“Yes, I remember in her second year, she came up to the front of the Great Hall and to Dumbledore’s podium, wearing-“

“A beard and a blue bath robe?” I guessed

“Actually, I was going to say a grey cloak and a red hand bag on her head” Lupin laughed and so did I

“Sirius didn’t kill anyone” I stated

“Well, that’s not entirely true” I nodded. “Sirius did destroyed Peter Pettigrew”

I decided I wouldn’t argue. It would do no use

“Thank you Professor” I said. “For making me feel better”

“Thank you, Victoria” He said

 I looked at him, confused

“For not making me look like a fool like that Lockhart fellow”

“No problem” I laughed