Chapter 45

I tried to be as quiet as possible when entering the portrait hole. I had lost track of time with Draco and it was well past curfew hour to be in bed. My heart nearly stopped when someone cleared there throat audibly. I froze in my spot, hoping that it would make me disappear, but no luck.

I turned slowly on my heals and saw that it wasn’t one person waiting for me, but three angry people instead. I tried not to seem suspicious in front of them, but Ron, Harry, and Hermione saw right through me.

“What are you guys doing up?” I asked casually

“Maybe we should ask you the same thing. Or maybe we should ask you where you’ve been all day?” Harry muttered coldly

“I don’t think that’s any of your business to know” I said defensively

“Is it also none of our business to know your big secret?” Ron growled and my breath hitched. Did they know? Could they know?

“Big secret?” I asked

“Don’t play dumb, Victoria. If you really didn’t want anyone finding out then you shouldn’t have left evidence out in public” Hermione crossed her arms over her chest.

Oh crap! I left the letter on the table for them all to see! They know my dad is Voldemort!

“You guys have to believe me! I was just as clueless as you all! I didn’t find out until today!” I begged

“Really? You didn’t know you were dating Draco until today?” Ron asked sarcastically

“What?” I went dumb

“You know exactly what! Hermione saw you two today while WE were all worried about YOU!” Harry yelled in outrage

“Oh” I sighed

They didn’t know…I’m safe

“OH IS ALL YOU CAN SAY?” Ron jumped out of his seat

Maybe not completely safe

“Ron, calm down” Hermione stressed and Ron sat back down. “Victoria, sit here” Hermione gestured to the chair across from them all. I was hesitant since it was right in line of attack to Ron, but I still sat there.

“I don’t understand how you could do this” Harry seemed shocked and angry at the same time. “We always hated Malfoy. YOU always hated Malfoy. He hurt you so many times and this is how you go on with it?” A hurt expression flashed through his eyes

For a moment, I felt terrible. I felt like a really shitty person for hurting my friends like this. But that feeling didn’t last long.

“You’re an idiot” My jaw dropped to the ground at Ron’s hurtful words. Harry and Hermione seemed to be just as shocked as I was.

My eyes stung and started to get dry

“You’re a stupid girl” He said determinedly

I snapped my mouth closed to keep my lip from quivering and stood from my seat. I was hurt and my ego was shattered so I did what I felt was right…

I decided to isolate myself

“If that’s all you wanted to say then I hope you’re happy you’ve said it because now you can all just leave me the hell alone” I said with my voice only cracking once but still very clear and decided. I left them with that said.

Just when I find out of the news of my life, I lose my friends to a perfectly harmless decision.

I should get an award for perfect timing.