Chapter 2

“Victoria, how did you sleep” I was woken up by a soft voice. My eyes fluttered open to see Narcissa there, standing over me. “I thought you would want some help with your outfit before you go off to Diagon Alley” She whispered calmly. I nodded in agreement. “Did you sleep well?” She asked

“Better than I’ve ever slept before” I stretched every part of my body and studied the comforter I had slept with. I was quite beautiful to look at, but even more comfortable to sleep with. Even the pillows felt like clouds of comfort.

“I’m glad to hear that” She patted my leg and headed towards my closet. “Anything in particular you would like to wear, or are you going to give me all the power?” She yelled from across the spacious room.

“I think you have the better taste” I laughed. She laughed too and pulled out a grey and white skirt with a light blue sweater and grey flats. I got dressed and studied myself in the full sized mirror. I was amazed at how well it fit considering she hasn’t seen me in ten years or so.

“Quirrell told me that you forgot to open your presents yesterday. You can do that and then he will take you to Diagon Alley. Does that sound ok?” Narcissa asked.

“That would be great” I smiled to her

She led me down the stairs where Humble was waiting with a trey full of food for breakfast. I smiled to him and said ‘thank you’. Though he seemed taken aback by the thanks, he bowed simply and left me and Narcissa to our business. I sat on the couch in the living room next to the pile and began my work with Quirrell and Narcissa watching me intently.

I opened one after the other sorting each present. Most were extravagant jewelry of everything from silver to gold or rubies to diamonds, until I opened the very last present, the smallest, but the most special. I tore open the wrapping paper and gasped. It was a framed and moving picture of whom I was assuming was me.

 It was me as a child. Even though most don’t care what they looked like as a baby, I do. Because for me it is more than a moving picture, it is a memory that is long forgotten, but now, remembered.

“Alright, let’s go. We don’t want to catch rush hour” Quirrell snapped me out of my daze.

“Ok, just let me go put this stuff away” I blurted. I knew that Humble could do it by himself just as well but I wanted the picture in a certain place. “Humble, will you help me?” I asked. He nodded once and carefully gathered the jewelry with a snap of his fingers and we went up the stairs.

I entered my room with Humble close behind and walked towards my bed. There was a night stand next to it that had a tall vase with black and white roses and greenery in it. I set the picture in front of the vase and positioned it so I would wake up to the memory every morning. A good way to wake up, might I say. I went back down stairs and clapped from excitement.

“I’m ready” I smiled and crammed a piece of toast into my mouth

“Good” Quirrell nodded

“Well, I should see you later then” Narcissa smiled at us and went on her way.

“We should travel by the Floo Network” He smiled

“The what?” I asked

“The Floo Network. Come here” He motioned for me to stand by the large fire place that could fit him inside. “Take a little of this powder in your hand and step inside the fire place” He held out a small bowl of a glittery, silver powder. I took about a handful and stepped inside the fire place. “Now throw it on the ground and at the same time, say Leaky Cauldron. Make sure you enunciate” He waved me on.