Chapter 33~Summer

I ducted my head to imitate bow to my father. He smiled to me and lifted my chin so I was upright again. I couldn't help it. He gave off an essence of power. People had told me before that he was powerful but I didn't realize how it would feel to be here.

"You need not bow to me, my dear" His horse and intimidating voice seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite put why.

"Yes, father" I nodded

I felt the need to speak this way in his presence. Father. It was undoubtedly him. He may be ugly and red eyed, but I felt whole knowing him.

"I suppose then you know who I am to you" He smiled gently

"Does this mean I can come live with you?"

"I'm afraid not. You see, Victoria, I must...travel lots. I would not be able to take care of you...for now. Some day we will be reunited. I am sorry to say that now, I must leave you"

"Now?" I asked

"I am truly sorry, but I will see you very soon. I promise"

"Ok"

Hopefully this promise will be fulfilled

~

I stared up at the shapeless darkness of the ceiling. It was barely holding my attention for a second at a time. I was so incredibly bored. I should have been sleeping. I should have been sleeping this whole summer, but every time I closed my eyes, images of Cedric would roll through my mind. I glanced over to the moonlight shining on my bed and groaned.

I sat up and buried my face in my hands. It was so frustrating to be stuck here. I wasn't allowed to take jogs or even leave the Malfoy's grounds. My go-to place is the garden or anywhere outside since I didn't know of any entertaining places in the Manor. The only time I left this general area was when I was forced to go to something for the Ministry.

"Is this going to be a regular thing with you" Though my eyes were hidden behind my hands, I could tell who was speaking. I felt the bed deepen at my feet. I looked up to Draco who had taken a seat and then covered my eyes again.

"Why is it that every time we're alone in the dark, you feel the need to be shirtless?" I whispered. I felt his warm hands on my wrists and pull my hands from my eyes. He smirked at me. No. It was his weird smile again.

"Hey, I could have let you bleed to death" He said

"Yeah but you don't need to stop me from bleeding now"

"It's summer. It's hot" He stuck his face close to mine, still holding my wrists. I smiled smally. "Now there's the thing I live for. Come on" He dropped my wrists, got up, and started to walk away. I gave him a confused expression. He turned back and chuckled. "Are you planning on going to sleep?"

"No" I shook my head

"Then come on" He held out his hand. I hesitantly took it, still looking doubtful.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he pulled me through the house. He led me towards a hallway I hadn't ever been in then stopped at a big door. He gave me a toothy grin and opened it. I walked through the door and gasped.

It was the biggest music room I've ever seen. I didn't even know some of the instruments that where there. There was also a large shiny wooded place in the middle that was clear of all instruments. I looked back at Draco who was watching me carefully.

"This is amazing" I said incredulously

"I've been waiting for a good time to show you"

"Do you play all of these?" I asked