Chapter 30

"Are you sure you don't want to come to the kitchen with us?" Harry asked when we got to the castle steps.

"I'll go later, but I need to go to detention with Snape" I whined

"I told you not to throw the book at Malfoy" Hermione scolded

"When did you do that?" Harry asked

"When we all were separated" Ron answered. "But she only got an hour detention AND didn't lose any points AND Malfoy got put in detention too! I swear he gives you special treatment"

"He also said that if I behave I can leave early" I added and Ron let out an angry groan

"Well I hope you have a terrible time" Ron huffed

"Ron, Draco will be there" I repeated and Ron's face went soft and he looked at me with sympathy.

"How will you make it out alive?" Ron hugged me tightly. I laughed and pushed him off. Shaking my head with amusement, I walked off towards the dungeons. Once I was there, I was alone. Sitting down and taking out a piece of paper, I began to question why I was even in here.

Sure I threw a book, but he deserved it

How did he deserve it?

He kept glancing at me!

So?

He purposefully made me spill my potion!

How did he do that?

Well...he...I don't know! I just wanted to throw a book at him!

"Do you see this? You can't run away from it Severus!" Karkaroff's voice wafted into the room. I poked my head out of the room and saw him showing Snape his arm.

"Professor! I've been here a while!" I said and they both tensed and Karkaroff quickly pulled his sleeve down. I acted as though I had just now come out of the room. "Oh, hello Head master Karkaroff" I smiled brightly but he just stared at me, completely bewildered.

"She looks..."

"Yes, where is Draco?"

"I don't know. I'm not a Draco tracker" I said

"Go in and wait" Snape shooed me off. I went back in and sat down, banging my head on the table repeatedly to end this boredom.

"Going mad already?" I glared at him

"This is all your fault"

"Oh yes, because I used a summoning charm while you moved your arm and it hit me. It's completely my fault" Draco said sarcastically

"Can I get that in writing?" I joked

"No talking! You both will wright why you are here 200 times" Snape swept into the room

He really did look like a giant bat

"And 'because sour grape Snape told me to' is not an acceptable answer" He said pointedly to me

"Ok that was one time" I muttered

"Start"

I started to scribble down 'because Draco got me in trouble' on my paper.

This is going to take a while

After a while, Snape had gotten distracted with something and left us in the Potions classroom alone, but not before saying that if we did anything delinquent, then we wouldn't like the punishment. But once he was gone, Draco took his opportunity.

"So why haven't you told all of your friends" Draco asked mysteriously

"I don't know what you're talking about" I shrugged even though I had a pretty good idea of what he was talking about.