Chapter 23: Iana's Ex

Start from the beginning

"Something in this place made you change." Iana mutters, tapping her chin.

You rolled your eyes. "Stop concluding weird stuff. Something in this place must have ruined your sanity." You retorted.

Iana shakes her head, as if disagreeing. "No, no. It's not the place at fault. It's probably Tadashi!" Iana exclaims.

Upon hearing the mentioned name, your heart flared with a burning passion, your stomach twisted and turned in a unusual way, and your ears and face matched the redness of blood.

"What kind of sick j-joke are you telling me?" You stuttered, feeling your whole body melt in embarrassment. Iana smirks with success when she saw your shy and slightly humiliated figure.

"Hah! I knew it! You still love Tadashi!" The red headed exclaims with glee. You narrowed your eyes at her. Iana, at the moment, just matched the exact same personality of a crazy fan girl with raging hormones. As you were too busying fussing over your reddening cheeks, Iana began her teasing spree with matching heart shapes using her hands.

You shook your head in amusement then slapped her arm lightly in attempt to shut her up. "Oh, shut your mouth." You said, chuckling a bit.

"(Y/N)? Iana?" A familiar voice suddenly interrupted your teasing conversation with Iana. You two raised your head and saw a familiar form hovering you two.

"Kaize," you said, not a bit surprised by the sudden interaction and appearance of the said man. Of all the people and places in San Fransokyo, Kaize, who stood before your eyes, is the only one who changed in a bit at least in a matter of months. His raven hair is now dyed silver, his hypnotizing green eyes glimmering with mischief and shock and his irresistible and kissable lips are practically dragging every woman to him. He was still the Kaize you knew but something felt off and wrong. You can't help but suspect it has something to do with you and Iana.

None of you two spoke but yet, you felt the heavy tension building up and you had no idea why. But it was then, from the corner of your eye, you saw Iana grip the shopping bag beside her as tightly as she can, her knuckles turning white. You saw anger and frustration in her glistening eyes but the hurt stood out the most. You have never seen her look like this, and it was foreign to your sight.

"(Y/N) is that you?" Kaize asks, his tone rising up to snap you away from your deep thought.

Suddenly feeling protective and just being you, you spoke in the most blunt and annoyed tone you can manage. "Well, aren't you a smarty pants? Finally got your eyes checked?" You snarled with irritation, arms crossing in instinctively as you shot Kaize a dirty glare.

Iana smirks widely but Kaize only grinned, much to your disappointment. "(Y/N), no need for rude comments. Wow, I almost didn't recognize you. I've never seen you like this before. And of course, how can I forget Iana?" Kaize faces Iana, his grin transforming into a cocky smirk. Something you have never seen the man wear on his lips.

"Long time no see, Iana." Kaize said.

"Yeah, and I want it to stay like that, thank you very much." She bellows with much disinterest in her tone of voice, looking away from the sight of the man.

Kaize whistles. "You got the nerves now. I like it,"

"And I don't like you. Now move, (Y/N) and I must rest and we don't want bad air ruining that relaxation." Iana says, standing up in attempt o look more intimidating but Kaize's height made it impossible.

You can't help but wonder if Iana got her attitude after being strangely close to you.

"What's up with being a brat? Are you still mad at me?"

"Well aren't you a smarty pants?" Iana mimics your words, rolling her eyes.

"Come on, Iana. It's been three years. Can't you let it go? It's in the past after all. Move on, geez."

"Sometimes my past is my future." She replied, blowing hot air on her newly manicured nails.

Before they could even be at each other's necks, you stepped between them, eyes closed in a calm manner. "Okay, okay. Don't fight in front of me, that's disrespectful to a woman. Anyways, whatever you two have against each other, don't argue it when I'm here. I'm not going to get dragged into your problem because I don't solve others' problem. If you want, I'd rent a boxing ring so I can watch you rip each others' throat. That's the kind of show I'll pay for to watch!"

"Actually, (Y/N). I'd like to drag you into this." Iana says, arms crossed and eyes directly staring into Kaize's green eyes.

"Oh boy. Are you deaf? Didn't you hear what I just said?" You spouted, face palming.

"Let me explain why I despise Kaize so much." Iana offers, smiling bitterly at you.

"Iana, you don't have to." Kaize said.

"Yeah, don't do it. I don't want to gear you blab." You said, shaking your head in annoyance.

"You're right, but I need to get this off my chest." Iana faces you. "(Y/N), did you know Kaize is the one who got Kylie pregnant?"

You nodded. "Yes, I know. He told me that a long time ago."

Iana clenches her teeth, seething. "Well, if you already knew that. Did you know Kaize is my ex?"

Your eyes widened and your lips trembled in uncertainty. "What do you mean?" You questioned, your crossed arms falling back to your sides.

Iana continued speaking. "Kaize and I have been in a relationship for a year but in the middle of that, he broke up with me to single himself up for Kylie freaking Johnson. Then after a few months, I heard he got the girl pregnant, broke up with her, and afterwards, poof, Kylie is dead because of a car crash! Poor girl, she had to die because she was desperate to tell Kaize they're having a kid."

Nearly everything in Iana's little story is already told to you by Kaize himself but what you didn't know is that your dear friend, Iana, got herself in the hands of an enemy and was crushed at the end. The hurt and pain in her eyes was readable and you felt angered that Kaize would acre do something so low to such a great girl. It wasn't as bad as your story but the Iana's hatred towards Kaize seemed like a connection to your past.

Forcing out a small smile, you walked over to Kaize. "I see your story and I know how you feel, Iana. But like what Kaize said, it's in the past. Something Tadashi taught me. Learn it," You slid your hand on Kaize's arm, "It's time to forgive and forget. That's what you need to learn."

"(Y/N)?!" Iana exclaims, shocked by the words you let go.

"Yeah, listen to (Y/N)." Kaize says, smiling menacingly.

"Yeah, when especially, this guy you're hating is completely... handsome and charming." You sent him a flirty wink and a sexy smirk. Kaize turned flustered and immediately gathered his guts to smile and wink back in the same manner. A plan began building up in your mind and it was completely unexpected that Kaize instantly fell for your first false flirt. It was an easy start for you, fortunately.

What a clueless jerk

"I got to go now. See anywhere," Kaize smiled a flirty smile before going away. You faced Iana and the shock in her face was more than priceless.

"(Y/N)! Are you insane?! You just flirted with my ex boyfriend!" Iana screams, betrayal and anger lacing quite visibly in her rising tone of voice. You raised a palm up to her nagging face, causing her lips to firmly glue each other shut.

"Oh Iana, just trust me." You sent her a smirk. "Trust me."

Kaize needs to be taught a lesson

--

Follow, vote and comment, friends!

xoxo ReynaJessica