Chapter 16: R.E.D

A D V A N C E    H A P P Y    B I R T H D A Y   T O   RYAN POTTER --my very awesome future boyfriend (feeling much?).

--

"Um, Sarah?"

"I'm not Sarah, you old man. Do you really think you're daughter will suddenly turn nineteen after a few months? Use your brain, if you even have one. An aging man like you should be kept in shelter. Who knows what kind of disease you hold within you."

The man, Sedric whoever he is (you don't have time to memorize everyone's name), muses a frown. "My daughter's intelligence is high." he defends. "She can build anything. From scraps. I can assume she can build something to help her age up."

You scoffed, letting out a fake grin. "Yeah, like I give a crap about her darn intelligence. I know she is smart, but I doubt it came from you." you have already suspected Sarah's intelligence came from your so called mother Seline. She was once a professor before she quit so she can be a full time house mom. Too bad that didn't go so well.

"From me of course."

"Don't make me laugh, grandpa."

"Don't call me grandpa or old man. I'm still young. I'm only thirty years old. I have a long life ahead of me."

"Well that 'long life' of yours will be cut short if you keep talking to me in the manner. Treat me with utter respect or else I'll be shoving your words down your throat and back to what kind of ego it came from."

Sedric, who didn't seem to find your words any respectful (duh), grabs you by the collar and leans closer to your face. His movement quickly alarmed you in no time. So without any hesitation, you pushed Ynna back in attempt to not harm her, before slapping the him on face. The impact on his rough cheek was hard that you heard a satisfying sound of your slap echoing all over, and you were more than sure that it will leave a bruise on it.

Sedric stumbled, holding his harmed cheek. When he regained composure, he glares at you. The only respond he got from you as a teasing smirk, giving him another wave of anger. "How dare you hit me an elder?" he counters, his tone going higher.

You flipped your (H/C) that cascaded to your shoulder. Crossing your arms, you spoke. "Wait, I thought you were still young, in your early thirties. Just because I slapped, you all of a sudden turned to an elder? Pfft, you can't make a fool out of this amazing me." With a smirk playing on your lips, you turned and walked away, dragging Ynna with you.

From behind, a yell from Sedric was heard. "Who are you?!"

You whipped your head back, your smirk wider than before. "The bitch. Keep the in your brainless skull."

As soon as you were in a safe distance between Sedric, you brought Ynna to the hotel she--the whole gang--were staying at before leaving.

***

Another annoyed sigh escaped from your lips as you threw your diamond earring into the trash can. Some might be hesitant to throw away such a precious thing away, but considering you can buy another new pair, you didn't think twice to throw it away like trash. Why exactly did you throw away such an expensive blessing?

Well, while you were walking out of the crowded hotel, the missing earring must have fallen of your ear without you knowing. But the past is in the past--the past is beyond our control.

You hailed a taxi and commanded the driver to Heo Michi cafe as soon as possible. And when you meant as soon as possible, you mean as quick as lightning. You want to spend your time in the coldness of the taxi but the smell was just unbearable that you had to get off if before you can spray your whole perfume inside.