Chapter 24: All Hail Queen Tadashi

"Call me if I care."

--

After doing the household chores with no complaints or anything that is similar with that, which was very strange on your and Iana's point of view, you took a quick and cold shower before slumping back lazily on the swivel chair in your room. Soft music blasted out your phone but it was cut off when the door slammed open in an immediate. Facing the direction to which you heard the noise, you saw your parents running up to you with wide grins on their gleeful faces.

"There's our beautiful daughter!" Nicolas exclaims, putting his hands to your sides and started tickling you. Your pursed your lips inwardly and clenched your stomach to stop yourself from letting out even a single giggle. You had always been ticklish, especially on your sides and neck. Before you can even start a laughing fit, you pushed away Nicolas' hands and fixed yourself.

"It's gorgeous daughter. Get it right." You said, standing up.

"Someone is grumpy today." Seline comments, placing her hands on her hips.

"I just want some peace and quiet. Can't I have that? Especially now that I'm a working woman?" You reasoned out.

"Aww, but we want to hang out with you today. We wanted to bring you to this new restaurant down town." Dad said, handing you a picture but you pushed his hand away, groaning in irritation.

"I'm dead serious. Look, I have eye bags to prove it. So can you please leave me alone?"

Just then your phone rang. "Wait sec." You excused yourself, answering your phone.

You: Who's this? I'm not in the mood.

Tadashi: Geez, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

You: I slept on the sofa, Tadashi.

Tadashi: Well this is awkward.

You: It is. Why did you call?

Tadashi: I wanted to hang out with you today but it seems like you need to rest.

Me: No, no. It's okay. Maybe hanging out with you is much better than doing nothing.

Tadashi: Cool. Let's meet up at the hill? You know, where we used to hang out under the tre--

Me: I'm not stupid. I know that. I'm leaving right now.

Tadashi: Okay, see you!

"I'm going out with Tadashi. Don't wait up for me!" You said then rushed out to freshen up. Nicolas and Seline stood in silence in for room, a sad smile on their faces.

"She's a woman now. A great woman. I just wish we were there for her when she was younger so we can watch her grow up. I hope we never fought that night." Nicolas comments, sighing as his mind flashed back into the fateful time where your family broke.

Seline placed a had over her husband's shoulder. "It doesn't matter. What matters is that we finally fixed our problem and now we got our daughter back. I missed her so much."

***

It felt like decades when you felt the fresh wind crossing your delicate cheeks, brushing away the strands of hair covering your face. The adrenaline that shot through you almost made you taste the eagerness to go faster, to the edge of danger but when your eyes landed on the large plain of green grasses that extended to a hill, only the hard pounding of your heart distracted you from going beyond the speed limit.