Chapter 23: Iana's Ex

(edited) Let me rephrase what I said: My friend who I told you was cutting has a family problem. In one of our subjects, we were told to share some stuff about our family and when it was her turn, she told us her parents and siblings didn't love her, she told us she was being 'abused'. The teacher already told her we're right there for her but she ended up cutting even more. I'm sorry if I had to ask for your opinions but I really want to help her, it's what friends do. Also, she acts tough and all but she was hurting inside. Please help!

--

"Sue me for looking good!"

--

You spent a few days catching up and hanging out with your family and friends and you had to admit, those weeks were the most joyful rather than watching people walking back and forth in the boring streets of Canila, hearing the same old voices and songs blasting out the stereo, and staring at the same old paper works for hours. But today, you had set up a friendly date with Iana in a popular mall at San Fransokyo. You noticed how distant and out of place she felt whenever you were bonding with your old friends. She tried denying she felt that way but the gloomy and irritated aura she surrounded herself gave it out.

"Here we are, San Fransokyo Mall." You stated as you two stepped into the premises of the huge mall. The mall hasn't changed in a bit and every store you saw was familiar to your eyes, mind and heart. "Whoa...This is so amazing! I've never been in a mall this big!" Iana exclaims, making a few heads turn their attention to her. Her hands is clasped together and her eyes matched the the shape and the shinning and shimmering surface of a saucer.

"Well, it is one of the most popular malls in the whole world. I'm surprised you haven't heard of this mall. Knowing you, you'd probably research all about this place. But unfortunately," You said, closing your eyes to take in a deep breathe. "It is only the second most popular mall."

Iana faces you, eyes now wide in confusion and horror, all the amusement fading. "Second? This mall is second?! How is that possible?! Look at this magnificent place we are at," Iana twirls, arms up in the air, gesturing to the whole mall, "How can this wonderful and huge mall be second most popular?! Grr, what mall is first? I'll hate that stupid place forever."

You folded your arms over your chest, putting your whole weight on one foot. "Excuse me? But that mall you'll hate forever is MY mall. The Canila Mall." You pointed out, shooting her a dirty look.

Iana turned pale and her dumb founded expression made her look as clueless as a new born baby. To avoid the conversation which will lead to awkwardness, she wrapped her gentle hand around your wrist then dragged you into every fashion shop her line of vision can see. You nearly spent five hours in the mall, doing nothing but try designer clothes and dresses until thankfully, Iana became weary and tired that she decided to take a few minutes break to regain her strength.

"Ahh, it might be tiring but it's worth it." Iana breathes out in relaxation, closing her eyes momentarily before facing you, "Don't you think so, (Y/N)?"

"Don't ask me. Today felt like hell. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'd rather waste my time actually staring at the ceiling than shopping." You bellowed with a heavy and quick sigh.

Iana's eyes went big as the planet Jupiter at your bold statement and her slump and relaxed posture immediately straightened. Her mouth hung agape and the shock and curiosity in her glimmering eyes gave away the question she wanted to ask.