Water Break

Morgan

"I'm telling you, the best thing you can do right now is walk it out."

"Walk it out?"

"When we go to the game we'll watch half and walk the outside of the stadium for half." Mama T suggested and she reluctantly nodded.

Over due. Almost a week overdue and she felt like she couldn't take it anymore. She was tired, her feet kinda hurt and her spine felt like it might split from the weight of her gigantic stomach. That and the fact that the baby wasn't moving for her, scared her. The baby always moved for her but the past week and a half she had been still.

"The baby will move, your water will break and all your stress will somewhat go away."

So that's what they did. They watched the game for the first half then started to walk around during half time. Sammie had come along with them and held her hand as she waddled all over the place.

Her and Sammie were walking around the hallways of the stadium when someone spoke up.

"It is you..." she turned to see an older, blonde woman staring at her with wide eyes. She had on all black; the color making her green eyes suprisingly brighter. She looked familiar but she couldn't place the face with a name.

"Do we know you?" Sammie spoke up, but the woman kept staring at her and her alone.

"And you're pregnant..." the woman smiled and out of habit she put her hand on her stomach.

"I...don't know you."

"But I know you...you're my son's wife. You're my daughter in law."

"What are you talking about? I don't-" Then it hit her.

-flashback-

"Who is that?"

"My mother."

What?

"What are you talking about?"

"My birth mother. That's her. She's doing some kind of reveal all interview...about me."

-end of flashback-

"Heidi." The woman smiled at her and nodded.

"And you...you're Morgan. You're Colin's wife...oh it's so nice to meet you." She stepped forward but she stepped back.

"I don't know you."

"Honey you should...and you're having my grandchild. Oh," she reached out but she backed up again.

"No. This isn't your grandchild. And he isn't your son." The woman frowned.

She looked a bit hurt, and though she felt bad she knew Colin wasn't going to be ecstatic about her being around. She thanked God Knox wasn't walking with them because then it might have been worse.

"Lets go sit down...the walking isn't working." Sammie proded gently and she nodded. Heidi stared at her for a little while longer before she shook her head.

Sammie grabbed her hand again before starting to pull her the opposite wag, away from Heidi. The farther they got away, the more her stomach sort of churned.

"Sammie I have to...get to the toilet."

She put a hand over her mouth as they walked. They hurried into the bathroom and she barely made it into the stall before she spilled her breakfast into the toilet. It took her a solid half hour to calm herself down enough to leave the bathroom. They made it back to their seats after she got some water, and she tried her best to act like nothing had happened.

Because to be honest; the woman scared the living hell out of her.

***********

"You mind tell me who that woman was?" Sammie mumbled as the drove to the resteraunt.

Everyone was going out for a post game lunch and Colin was meeting them there.

"Colin's birth mother."

"Are you serious? Well haven't you met her?"

"God no, neither has Colin. The fact that she just shows up unannounced is really crazy."

"Okay well are you going to tell him?"

"Later...preferably not around the rest of the family or Knox."

"She was so sure about you, why?"

"I don't know it's like she knew me personally."

She had enough to deal with being over due, why had this woman shown up all of a sudden? Her and Colin had been married for three years, why did she choose until now to be so forthcoming?

Maybe she should tell Colin right away.

*********

"The doctor called today and said that if I don't go into labor tonight then I'll have to go in tomorrow morning. They're going to induce me."

"We just have to be patient." His head was leaned against her stomach; his thumb rubbing circles into the skin.

"Nothing is working baby; we've tried everything. We've tried walking, we tried spicy foods, we even tried having sex...I just want her out." She sighed.

"Maybe she doesn't want to leave..."

"She has no choice in the matter." His phone rang but he ignored it.

"Aren't you going to get that?"

"No."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'm spending time with you." He sat up and leaned against the headboard next to her. "Everything is going to be fine, okay? She's going to come out." She wraoped her arms around one of his and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I love you Mr.Kaepernick." He sighed and kisses her head.

"I love you too."

And though she waited all night for it; she still didn't go into labor.
So they were forced to go to the hospital so they could induce her.

She was crying beforehand; worried to a panic. Laying on her side in the hospital bed, a crap load of machines hooked to her and the single beat of the monitor in her ears.

"Calm down honey, it'll be fine." He steadily rubbed her arm, his forehead pressed to hers as he leaned down.

"What if I'm not? It's our baby Colin, what if she's not okay?"

"You'll both be out of here in no time, no time baby." She heard the door open.

"Mrs.Kaepernick? Are you ready for the shot?"

"I'll be right here the entire time." He looked up to the person and nodded.

She felt someone pull her nightgown away from her body and before she heard shuffling around. Then she felt the sting only a moment later, and she grabbed his shirt in her fist.

It took long, agonizing hours before they were told it was time for her to push. It was harder and more painful than Knox and she felt as though she may pass out from the pain.

But then the baby came out; and instead of hearing the telltale cry...it was silent.

No cries, no whimpers, no nothing.

"Colin? What...what's happening?" She couldnt see what they were doing; nurses and the doctor standing around the clear basinet, murmuring to eachother.

Her vision was blurry; her body hurt and she was exhausted. Voices were becoming far away and she could feel herself falling.

The calling of her name was the last thing she heard before the darkness consumed her.