Stay Gold

Morgan

The alarm went off and they looked at eachother.

Five minutes was up.

She stood; moving across the room and into the bathroom, Colin right behind her. They stood at the bathroom counter, looking down at the two tests in front of them.

"What does it say?" He mumbled.

"Well, according to the boxes...both of the tests are positive."

"Positive? As in..."

"I'm pregnant." She looked up at him and smiled, her previous nerves forgotten. This was it. She was pregnant again. They were having a baby.

"You're pregnant! It's positive!" He swooped her up into his arms, her feet leaving the floor as he swung her a bit.

"It's positive!" She giggled as he stopped and put her down.

He grabbed her face in his hands, leaning his forehead to hers.

"We're doing this..."

"Yes. We're having a baby..." He kissed her face a dozen times before pulling away and smiling down at her.

They were going to do this again.

*********

-

3 1/2 Months later-

"I think we should start telling people now. I'm going to start showing even more soon."

They had stayed quiet for a bit; deciding to wait until they were sure she was okay.

But now that she was almost four months along, it was time to tell everyone.

She had avoided a lot of confrontations with bigger clothing, and dodging questions when she needed to. But now that her stomach was starting to stand out; there was no way they could hide it any longer.

"We can tell my mom tomorrow at the family thing..."

They were going to his aunt's house that lived a couple hours away. It was a giant family gathering, his family coming from all over the place to see each other again. And she would be passed around to meet all of the people that couldn't attend their wedding or didn't know that Colin was married at all.

"Do you know how many people are coming?"

She mumbled. She was getting sleepy. It probably had to do with the fact that Colin had the awful habit of rubbing her stomach now. That paired with the fact that she was comfortable in their bed and tucked under his arm. Why did it feel so good?

"No. Probably a bunch of people I haven't even met yet."

"That's reassuring."

"Yes. Now go to sleep, you know you want to." He continued to rub, her eyes drooping.

"I hate you." She grumbled finally.

"I love you too." Was the last thing she heard before she fell asleep.

***********

The four hour drive was fine for her seeing as she slept most of the time.

They had to leave at about eight to beat the traffic. His aunt's house was more on the country side of California and it was surrounded by nothing but land and other houses. What he failed to mention is how big his aunt's house was.