Cut And Paste

Morgan

"Do you have everything?"

Away games.

Colin had an away game in Texas and she was forced to stay home. Forbidden from travel because of something the doctor said.

And she hated it.

"Yes, I have everything. I'll be back before you know it. I promise." He murmured, sitting his bags down at the door.

"I know. What time does your flight leave?"

"One so we can get there a few hours before game time." He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, hers wrapping around his middle like they always did.

"Want me to go with you to the airport?"

"No, I don't want you out there with those crazy people. They might hurt you and the baby."

"They won't, I have bodyguards." His arms tightened a bit as he sighed.

"Can't you please just trust me? I'm begging you; stay away from the real crowded places okay?" He looked down at her: his eyes sincere.

Dammit.

"Fine, fine, I'll stay away..."

"Promise?"

"Yeah, I promise."

"Thank you, I love you..."

"I love you too." He leaned down and kissed her for a few moments before pulling away: his warmth disappearing from her.

"Gotta go okay? Stay still, rest yourself." He smirked, kissing her head one last time before grabbing his bags and leaving out.

Not even three hours after he left she was bored.

There was only so much thing to scroll through on her phone, only so much cleaning, only so much wandering around the apartment.

Being on somewhat lock down sucked.

Then she got a text.

From:Liam

I'm in LA for a few days, wanna get lunch?

She hadn't seen or really talked to Liam in months. This was exciting. Her best friend was in town.

To:Liam

I'm on lock down while Colin's away, he's worried about the baby.

She missed rebellion. It's a bit different to rebel when someone else's safety is involved.

From:Liam

You'll be fine. I've got Bruce and you've got Joseph. We've got this.

Ah...

To:Liam

Somewhere not too crowded?

She would be abiding by her promise. No rules broken. No harm done right?

From:Liam

That's fine, we can go to the bistro.

Perfect.

To:Liam

When?

From:Liam

About an hour or so? I'll pick you up :)

To:Liam

That sounds great. :)

It wouldn't hurt to go out for just a little while. And plus, she was starving.

*******

"I can't believe you're pregnant." Liam enthuses.

"Me either man, I'm barely fitting into my pants." He laughed.

She's staring at the menu trying to figure out if the pregnancy excuse is going to work for her ordering half the menu.

"How bad is it that I'm going to order half the menu?" Liam pipes up and she smirks.

"How bad is it that I'm going to order the other half of the menu and use the excuse that the baby is hungry?"

"Not bad....not bad at all."

She knew Liam was her best friend for a reason.