You And Me

Colin

Where the hell was Morgan?

It had been a good half an hour since she excused herself. It was starting to get dark outside and he was a bit worried.

Tamia came in about twenty minutes ago and finished her conversation with everyone. He knew Morgan was annoyed but he didn't know if she was still upset.

Everyone was all over the place now so he decided to go and find his wife. He went to the kitchen but she wasn't there, nor was she in the dining room or outside in the backyard.

Now he was worried.

On his way back inside from outside through the dining room; he ran into Tamia.

"Colin."

"Not now Tamia, I'm busy."

"I just want to talk Colin. You know me and you left off in a bad place..."

"And whose fault is that? Tamia please..." He moved away from her and headed out the front door.

He heard Tamia following him but he couldn't pay attention to that right now; he had to find Morgan.

"You know you replaced me with her like it was nothing..." He stopped in his tracks and turned to her.

"What are you talking about?"

"You went and you found her on purpose. To hurt me..."

"Tamia I haven't seen you in almost three years. I met her a long time after me and you broke up."

"And you just automatically love her? I was hurt after we ended and you just took that as the go ahead."

"You were the one that cheated on me. You're the one that ended us. You were the one who was so insecure that you just went and thought you were getting back at me for something I didn't even do. You did it Tamia and then you expected me to just act like it was nothing." She moved closer to him.

"What about her? You act like she's God's gift to the world. Like she hasn't made mistakes..."

"One, you just met her this afternoon. Two, she has but I have too and that's just how it works. I don't have to explain myself to her every waking moment. We trust each other."

That's all there was to it. Him and Tamia didn't work and though at one point he did love her: he didn't now. He loved his wife.

He sighed before turning and starting to walk down the driveway. She was nowhere in sight.

"She's not right for you. She doesn't deserve you Colin!" Tamia was still following him. "I can't wait until this marriage fails...she knows it will and so do I. It's only a matter of time before you do and leave her..."

He turned around again and stared at her. She was putting on a show, trying her best to cry.

God he was glad they weren't together anymore.

"What do you mean she knows? What did you say to her?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

"I told her exactly what she needed to hear."

"Stay out of my life. And don't you dare part your lips to say another damn thing to my wife." He growled before starting to walk down the rest of the driveway and onto the street.

He walked further down the street and more into the neighborhood; looking everywhere for her. The further he went: the more nervous he became.

The more nervous he became: the faster he walked.

And soon his walking turned to running.

He made it about a block from his aunt's house before he spotted some familiar shoes. His feet carried him even faster before he made it closer, slowing down.

She was at the playground; sitting on the steps of one of the jungle gyms. Her hair was down out of the ponytail and hanging over her shoulder as she looked down at her fingers in her lap.

"Morgan!" She looked up at the call of her name; tears on her cheeks and her eyes red. She was illuminated by one of the street lamps.

He stopped in front of her, looking down at her upset face. He hated when she was upset; a small ache forming in his chest a bit at the sight.

"I've been looking everywhere for you." He perched on the step below hers.

"I um...I just needed t-to go." She stammered.

"I know that Tamia said something to you..." He tried his best not to call women out of their names but Tamia was pushing it.

"Colin do you still have feelings for her?" He snorted a bit.

"Good God no. That all ended when we broke up. I told you, she means nothing to me..." He shook his head.

"She thinks it's just a matter of time before you leave me. She looked at me like I was trash. She's beautiful and I look like a beached whale. she's known you way longer than I have...how am I supposed to compete with that?" She sobbed.

He reached up, lifting her up and onto his lap. He pushed her hair back behind her, running a thumb over her cheeks to clear some of the tears though some came back.

"I'm not leaving; I told you that. I'll say it a million times if it makes you feel better. Her knowing me longer doesn't mean a damn thing. I haven't seen her in three years, she has no idea who I am even though she likes to think she knows me..." He started.

"You are the most beautiful person I've ever met in my life. You and her don't compare by a long shot, just to be clear. I married you because I love you and I love what we have. Now as far as this whole beached whale thing..." He shook his head.

"I don't think you look like a beached whale. You're pregnant baby and you look fantastic. I love your body; especially your stomach." He placed a hand on her belly, feeling it through the material of her t-shirt. "You're carrying my baby...our baby. And this is something Tamia could never touch. She could never come between me and you. Ever."

"You mean that?" She whispered.

"Yes. Every word." He wrapped his arms around her; leaning down to kiss her tears away. He kissed her lips next; trying to reassure her even more. Trying to show her that he needed her just as much as she needed him.

And he hoped she got the message.