Trying

Colin

"Tamia?" What the hell was Tamia doing here?

His mom couldn't have invited her, neither could the rest of his family really so why was she here?

"Hi Colin." She smiled.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"What are you doing here?"

"Your aunt invited me over. You know I've known her since I was a kid. How have you been?"

"Great...good. Yeah." She smiled bigger. He came back to himself and his body was fully aware of the heat eminating from his wife at his side.

"Colin whose this?"

"This-"

"I'm Tamia, Colin's ex girlfriend."

Oh God. Someone help me.

Tamia stepped forward a bit and smiled down at her, putting her hand out. They shook hands half heartedly before letting go.

"You must be Colin's new girlfriend..."

"Morgan. And wife."

"Wife? Wow, well congratulations." His wife stared at her, an awkward silence falling over them.

"Right well, I think I'm going to go get food..." she tried to pull away from him but he held her to his side a bit.

"Do you need help?"

"Nope. I'm fine. I've dealt with pregnancy cravings before, I've got this. I want to go alone."

She smiled sweetly up at him and sensing her growing irritation, he let her go. She moved quickly away and disappeared into the kitchen. He was alone with Tamia in the hall.

"Pregnancy...wow."

"My mom didn't tell me you were coming."

"Last minute invitation. My mom's here..."

"Right."

"So marriage? That's really good of you."

"Please don't start Tamia."

"No I mean...I'm happy for you. You found someone."

"I did. I love her. She makes me happy. You know you're very sneaky."

"Sneaky? How so?"

"You knew I'd be here, probably knew I was bringing her and you decided to show up."

"Really? I had no idea you would be bringing her. No idea at all..." she batted her eyelashes and smirked. "Nice seeing you Colin. You look good."

She moved past him, a hand running across his chest before she moved to the living room. He internally cursed himself again before going to find Morgan.

She was sat on a bar stool in the kitchen. She picked at a bowl of fruit salad, her face showing her annoyance. Tamia was nothing, now he had to deal with the wildfire that he married.

She didn't look up at his approach, her eyes staying down.

"I take it your not talking to me..."

"Your instincts would be right then." She mumbled back.

"Because of Tamia..."

"No Colin, to refrain from wanting to punch you in the face. Not because of your life size barbie in the other room."

"I had no idea she would be here baby, you have to believe me."

"Yeah, you seemed pretty shocked to see the wanna be Tyra Banks."