Chapter 11: Infiltrating a Lab

This lab name is...

-Ansila Miruko

"You want us a infiltrate a lab. A lab," I asked, hoping I heard it wrong. I mean, labs are usually high advanced places that experiment stuff and the people who worked there loved Science... Right? I felt faint when I remember that one science lab class where the teacher dissected a frog. The sight of it being dissected has been pasted in my head and I cannot tear it off no matter what. It creeps me every time I entered the school's lab from then on. Thank god I am not in that school anymore.

"Yup. Oh, but don't worry. This lab is easy to break into with our abilities. Also, this lab is rather special. They do not target ability users who has powers who do not appeal to them, instead they go for the more unique ones. An example would be you, Ansila. Your crystallizing abilities cannot be seen y any scientist in any way, got that? We are just going to save some victims in the lab," Tomori replied.

"You mean... The victims are just like us?" I asked and Tomori nodded. I kept silent and glanced over to Yuu. He was looking down, deep in thought. I wanted to save these victims, but my heart is hesitating. Something in my head is telling me not to do so.

"Are you up to it? Yuu, Ansila? This will be your very first mission with us after all. I would not want to put you guys in too much danger," Tomori asked.

"Huh? So this generation is rather interesting compared to the rest I have seen," Shadou's voice sounded in my head.

Is it? I asked in thought.

"Well of course. We broke into places and killed people before, but this is better," Shadou replied.

By breaking into places and killing people mean the things you controlled my body to do? I asked again.

"You are half correct, but don't sweat on that for now, Ansila," Shadou replied, then her presence faded out.

I am half correct? What did she mean by that?

"We'll do it," Yuu replied.

"Very well! We will report at the train station right over here tomorrow morning. Now get home and rest up. Meeting close," Tomori said.

+++

"Are you sure about this Yuu?" I asked.

"Why?" Yuu asked.

"I don't know why, but I feel like something bad would happen..." I replied and averting my eyes. 

"Nothing bad is going to happen," Yuu said. "Chill out."

"Fine..." I sighed and turn off the lights. "Good night."

Just this, we do not sleep together. We sleep in separate futons in opposite rooms.

+++

"We are here," Tomori said when we arrived at a white building with almost no windows. There was no doubt about it. It was a lab.

We snuck in using the route we learnt of after planning and managed to get in without being spotted. The place was weird, there was not a lot of people and it looked a bit abandoned.

"Are you sure there are people here?" Otosaka asked.

"Are yo stupid? It may look like it's abandoned, but that is just a cover obviously," Tomori replied.

"Ah right," Otosaka replied sarcastically, but Tomori ignored it.

We went in deeper and found a room full of papers.

One of them interested me, it had the words 'Daath' written on it with big letters. The name sounded familiar, but it did not quite ring the bell. There were some papers with the signature 'Ardizella Suzuki'.

"Ardizella Suzuki... Akaris Suzuki's Grandaunt," Shadou's voice ranged in my head and I saw a image of me with another girl. She had beautiful long brown hair and she was comforting me. It felt so warm.

"It is not fair. You all get to live in this beautiful world, yet I am stuck in you without an actual body... I just want to be like you. Go to school... Make friends... Fall in love... WHY? WHY IS IT SO UNFAIR?!" I heard my own voice crying out angrily.

Then, there was another voice. It sounded so familiar and kind. "It's okay... Just don't make the same mistake in your next life... I am sure you will go to school... make friends... fall in love... just like a normal girl..."

"Thank you... You are just like Aiko... So nice... I don't understand why they are all so mean to you..." I heard my voice again.

"I wish you the best of luck in your next life."

Next life? What did that mean?

"What's up with all these papers? They have a lot of data containing works from decades ago!" Tomori exclaimed. "They also have... Yuu?"

Apparently, Tomori had found a paper containing data about Yuu, the same Yuu.

"You found out," Yuu said and smiled. "This lab is mine."

A/N: YES FINALLY MY FREAKING FINGERS START MOVING. Sorry for taking so long to update this. Been really busy :(