Chapter 12: Truth About Da'ath

I had a twin sister, you see
- Shadou

Yuu owned this lab?... What is that about?

"What are you talking about Yuu?" I asked. "You can't possibly be the owner... Right?"

I took slow steps closer to him, I did not wish to believe.

"Nope, I am the owner of this lab. You have been my target all this while Ansila," he replied. "I was not quite sure at first, but after I saw your powers, I am convinced. You are the third holder of Eve. My Eve."

"Eve?" I asked. "I am sorry, I don't quite understand..."

"You are in there, aren't you? Shadou," He said.

How did he know?...

"I knew it, I just didn't think it was him since it has been so many years," Shadou's voice said.

What do you mean?

"Well... We met before in your last life," Shadou replied.

Is that so?

"I will be taking over for now," Shadou said and it happened. The same feeling I felt whenever she took over. I felt like I was drowning, but my body felt like it was on fire.

YUU'S POV

How long have I known? Ever since I met her, I didn't think it would actually be her until I saw her powers. It was the same as Mana and Shadou, but stronger.

Ansila's hair was changing colours. It was turning black. She opened her eyes, they were blood red.

"What is happening?" Tomori exclaimed in shock.

Oh, I forgot they were still here...

I used my powers and sent them away, erasing their memories at the same time.

"Ansila, no, your name is Shadou, my Eve..." I greeted. "Welcome back, this time, we won't fail."

"We won't,huh..."She replied. "That's rather confident of you. This is your fourth try, isn't it? What makes you think you won't fail this time?"

"Ansila is a frail and weak girl," I replied. "She is bullied in school and does not have any friends. No one would miss her if you took over completely and remade the world."

Shadou smirked in amusement. "Interesting." She looked around and replied, "This is the abandoned building of Daath, isn't it? Mind enlightening me of what you do?"

"Yes, of course. Anything for you, my love," I replied. "Daath was created decades ago to experiment with children and give them powers. The scientists here were crazy about the meteorite they found years ago that gave adolescent humans special abilities. I was one of their first few test subjects, along with Scrooge, the first few given the power of the king."

"Interesting, so how does it connect to me?" Shadou asked.

"You are a natural born Eve who touched the first meteorite that gave you powers," I replied. "But, you died and been passing down for generations. You are more powerful than Mana."

"Okay then, but you see... I have taken a liking to Ansila. She is my exact opposite, but that's what makes me nostalgic. I used to have a twin sister, exactly like her, you see."

"When you were alive?" I asked

"Yup, when I was alive... What is the first step?" She asked.

"I will be taking you back to the site," I replied. "The government did not dare to touch that tower and left it alone, locked up from anyone."

"But, they lock it up for me, after all, I belong there..." She replied.

"Indeed, you do, Shadou."

A/N: Sorry, for taking so long to update. I find this whole entire book really weird, though. I will be going through thorough editing after I am done.