Chapter 9: Pizza Sauce is okay... I guess

Yuu is acting weird.
-Ansila Miruko

"Hey! Yuu! Wait for me!" I shouted as a struggled to carry the big box of things to my new home or should I say... Our new home.

"You are slow," he taunted. I pouted and walked with bigger steps to cover more ground.

"Help me Yuu!" I called out repeatedly, but he pretended to not hear me. I sighed, then I felt the weight of the box become lighter. I looked up and saw Takajo-san take the box for me.

"Thank you," I said.

"Don't mention it," he replied and walked to the room. I quickly went down to take my other box.

"Ansila! Let me help you!" A hyped voice said and I saw another box coming my way. A head popped out with behind it.

"Oh, thanks Yusa-chan," I replied with a smile.

"You guys start school tomorrow. You guys are in the same class as us so Otosaka will guide you there tomorrow morning. He lives just next door," Tomori said.

"Oh okay. Thanks so much for all your help," I said.

"Don't mention it. We will see you tomorrow then," Tomori said and left with Yusa and Takajo.

"Bye!" I waved good bye.

"I will meet you tomorrow morning then, it's getting late. Good night," Otosaka said and went into his home. I walked into my new home and locked the door. Yuu was seated at the dining table seat.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

"Yeah... Can you cook?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied. I was about to head to the kitchen when the door bell rang. I went to answer it and found a younger girl with long hair and violet eyes at my door.

"Hello! My name is Ayumi! Are you the new neighbor?" She asked ecstatically.

"Yeah..." I replied nervously.

"Would you like to join us for dinner?" She asked.

"Sure," I replied. I called Yuu out and told him about the invite. He agreed and we followed Ayumi to her apartment.

"Yu-niisan!" Ayumi called out.

"Yu?" Yuu and I asked.

"Oh hey Miruko-san and Yuu," another voice piped up. I noticed Otosaka-kun walked out of a room to the room we were in.

"Hey Otosaka-kun," I greeted. "Is Ayumi-chan your sister?"

"Yeah," he replied. "Did she seriously invite you guys over?" He sighs. "No regrets, okay?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You'll see," Otosaka replied.

"You guys stay comfy while I cook us dinner, okay?" Ayumi said , then she ran off to cook.

"Thanks for the invite. I am starving..." Yuu complained and slumped onto the sofa.

"Stop being so rude Yuu!" I sighed and sat next to him.

The television switched on and was playing some live concert. I found the singer really familiar.

"Is that... Yusa?" I shouted.

"Yeah, Yusa is famous," Otosaka replied.

"I didn't know!" I gasped. "Her songs aren't that bad actually..."

"ZHIEND sounds better though..." Otosaka said.

"ZHIEND?" I asked.

"Here," he replied and handed me a pair of earphones and an ipod.

I plugged the earphones into my ear and pressed 'play'.

Fallin by ZHIEND

Looking up high, found a steel tower
Wondering how I would feel, if I fall down
Was it a dream I saw deep red

Chasing, for what's far ahead, always yearning
Don't know why but the beauty
I really want may seem to be awkward to someone's eyes

Looking down below ground top of the tower
Fear takes over my heart and my knees won't stop shaking
Then I realize, I'm falling down

Find more lyrics at
Why do the things I have loved, always breaking
Don't know why but the beauty
I really want may seem to be ugly to someone's eyes

Chasing, for what's far ahead, always yearning
Don't know why but the beauty
I really want may seem to be little crazy in sight

And now I'd be flying high to the sky
Lifting me to the yonder
Something brought me here so far from home
But I'm not cold at all

This song resonates in me... It seems so peaceful... I agree that this type of songs may just suit me better. I don't know why, but this song is making me think of something I may have forgot.

"I like it..." I muttered.

"You do? It is by a post-rock band. Tomori introduced them to me," Otosaka replied.

"Ne, can I listen too?" Yuu suddenly asked and appeared in between Otosaka and me.

"S-Sure," I replied and took out one of the earphones and handed to him. He started glaring and smirking at Otosaka for some reason.

Wasn't he complaining about being hungry just a moment ago? What's up with this sudden behavior? Yuu is acting weird,

"Not bad, I guess," Yuu replied after hearing the song for a while.

"Guys! Dinners ready!" the hyper voice of Ayumi piped up. We all got up and headed to the dining table. Ayumi served us plates of omelette rice.

"Itadakimasu," I said with my eyes clapped together, then started eating.

"It's... sweet..." I muttered.

"Of course it is..." Otosaka grumbled.

"We added the Otosaka family tradition... PIZZA SAUCE!" Ayumi shouted cheerfully.

"I don't really care as long as I can eat," Yuu said bluntly and continued eating.

"Pizza sauce is okay... I guess..." I replied. "It makes it really sweet... So this is what you mean by 'no regrets' Otosaka-kun."

"I have to face this everyday..." he sighs.

Poor him.