Chapter 13: Shadou

I remember it just as if it was yesterday
-Shadou

SHADOU'S POV

Everything still looked the same. Yet different as well. Everything remained where it was. Even that plant I shot dead before.

"How is it?" Yuu asked, circling around doing checks.

"Everything is the same," I replied with a smile. "Very welcoming. I wonder how everyone has been since the last Lost Christmas."

"You have seen Akari and Katsu through Ansila, didn't you?" Yuu asked.

"Of course. She seems to have done well. Her child is quite adorable. A shame that the curse within their family is no longer active with Ansila here," I replied.

"She is the one you have been waiting for, right?" Yuu asked.

"After so many centuries. She finally reincarnated," I replied. "I am glad, but I don't really want to take over her body so soon."

"Why not?" Yuu asked out of curiosity.

"You don't need to know. You don't want to either, do you? You have been pretty close to this girl," I replied.

"Not at all, she is just so simple," he sighed. Seems like he likes her.

I glanced around the room. All the memories of this place overwhelmed me. Such great memories. This time, we will succeed and I will make sure of it.

"You are so lucky Shadou," my sister complimented with a smile. "Your older sister is so hopeless. There is no way I can ever lead our kingdom in the future."

"Sis, don't push yourself. You are unwell," I sighed. I was always worried for my older sister. She was born with black hair and black was a sign of death and failure in our kingdom. I was born with beautiful white hair and was loved by everyone.

"Your older sister will do her best! Then maybe... Our kingdom won't fall..." She said, doubting herself. Everyone thought my sister was cruel, but they were all wrong. My older sister was kind, sincere and diligent. She was always thinking od the kingdom.

She died and it was all my fault. That's why I shall take on her 'cursed' black hair and appearance and give her my beautiful white hair. I shall take on the role of the villain so she can come and kill me one day. She has finally reincarnated after so many centuries and that's why this time we will succeed.

Ansila, I am only a shadow of your past. Whether you remember or not... It's better if you don't.