Chapter 1: Envoy Of Da'ath

Just keep waiting and sure enough even waiting will end... If you can wait just long enough...
-Yuu

21 May 2089
Call me Yuu. I was the Envoy of Da'ath or should I say I was Da'ath. I am a living dead. Which means I am dead, but my soul denies to leave. You could call it superhuman or whatever, but I can assure you that I am not a human. But here's a fact, I can't die or in order words rest in peace unless my soul decides to leave. Oh, and I am the last person on earth with the 'power of the kings'.

So what other duties do I have left in this world? 

Only one.

Shadou.

Her soul is still alive. I can feel it and I have to use it as Daath's final attempt to recreate the world. I have waited long enough for this. I have waited 60 years for her. WHERE IS SHE?!

I punched the wall in anger. Many stopped and stared, but none came up and asked what was wrong. That's why humans are so pathetic, yet smart. Especially students. They all knew me as a 'delinquent'.

That's right. I am a student now in this human world, in hopes of finding her.

Ugh. Screw this place.

I stormed away with my hands in my pockets. The students looked at me with fear written on their faces, some even ran away!

I bet it's because of my face. I probably had the scariest look on it right now. I can't help it, can I? I am just too impatient and angry at all my failures!

But I can't do anything, but wait.

Wait.

And wait.

Waiting for you to come back.

"Just keep waiting and sure enough even waiting will end... If you can wait just long enough..."

How boring. I am not a patient person, but if waiting means that I will find you. I will wait till the end until I have found you.

"Have you done the homework I told you to do?" A voice suddenly asked.

I glanced around and saw three girls standing- no, two were cornering one.

Bullies... Typical. I can't stand them. There were a ton during the days I was still human.

The poor girl though. Maybe I should help her? I analyzed her using the data I got from the school's system.

Ansila Miruko. Age, 16. Hair, White. Eye, Blue.

She won't be useful at all. I mean, look at how defenseless she is just standing there.

I was about to leave when I heard her say something.

"Why should I do what you say? You two are pathetic, picking on someone in a level lower than yours. How could she possibly be able to do your homework for you? Stupid," that was what she said, but there was something to it that gave off a familiar presence. It made me move and want to defend her.

And so I did.