Chapter 27

“Jess what’s the matter?” Eleanor looks at me curiously and frowns. I’m sitting in the kitchen at the Louis and Eleanor’s house and I’m moping. Niall has been acting weird or maybe it’s me that’s acting weird. Or maybe I’m just imagining the whole thing, I just don’t feel like everything is normal.

I’m leaning my hands on my chin and my elbows on are the kitchen bench and I’m just sitting there feeling sorry for myself because I can’t tell anyone what happened with Liam and I can’t tell my own boyfriend because he won’t freaking listen! I tried again I actually said, ‘something happened with Liam’ and he said. ‘Oh that’s nice’ and then rolled over and went to sleep! I’m so frustrated because it’s not like Niall to be so … I’m not even sure what it is he’s being. Ignorant maybe. “Something has changed,” I mumbled randomly staring out the window in to the backyard where Louis, Niall and Harry were outside with Liam and Zayn and they were playing with the babies.

“What changed? Jess what are you even talking about?” El asks as she perches herself on the stool beside me.

“I keep trying to tell Niall something that’s really important, he really needs to know but every time I try to tell him he starts ignoring me or he tells me that he doesn’t care and he walks out of the room. Things feel different, I feel awkward with him and we don’t do things together, I asked him to have a nap with me three weeks ago and he said that he’d rather watch the football. I don’t know what’s going on.” I sigh after getting my venting over with. Eleanor seems shocked about this and stays silent giving me permission to continue. “When Liam and Dani broke up Liam kissed me,” I say quietly. “And I need to tell Niall because I think it’s important that he knows but every time I try to tell him he avoids it like I’m trying to break up with him.”

Eleanor looks out the window to make sure all the lads are still outside before she responds, “Liam kissed you?!” She hisses.

“Yes he was upset because Danielle told him that she didn’t love him anymore. He was confused and I didn’t kiss him back but Niall won’t listen to me and if I just blurt it out and don’t prepare it for him he’ll get angry and he’ll be upset.” I explain.

“I don’t know what to say,” Eleanor says after a moment of silence.

“Does anyone else know?”

“Yeah Harry knows.” I nod.

“Well um …” She trails off biting her lip. “I don’t know what to tell you babe,” She frowns and gets up from the bench and goes over to the fridge and pulls out the milk and gets two bottles out for the babies. Molly and William are both starting out on proper milk now.