Chapter 9

“Pie?” Niall cocks his head to the side and shoots me a cheesy grin. It’s been a few hours since we got home from Louis’ house after Harry called me a slut and I’m just moping around the house feeling sorry for myself. What if he’s right? What if sleeping with Niall two weeks after getting married to Harry actually makes me a slut? William is playing on the floor and I’m just sitting on the sofa, doing nothing, letting Harry’s words swirl around in my head. “Please don’t be sad,” Niall frowns at me and sets the apple pie down on the coffee table and sits beside me. He puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me over to him.

I shift my position and curl up beside him and put my head on his chest, I know I shouldn’t feel guilty for moving on but Harry has had an influence on my life for nearly three years and now that we’re not together anymore I still let him get to me. That has to be the most hurtful thing he has ever said to me, “What if he’s right?” I breathe in to Niall’s chest and wrap my arm around his torso.

 “He’s not right. He’s the one that cheated on you, he’s the one that didn’t even wait one day before going back to Noelle. He’s just jealous that you’re moving on and that you don’t need him anymore. Please don’t listen to him,” He tells me with a soft smile and kisses my forehead. “You are the most amazing person I know, you’re not a slut. Not even close to it,” He kisses my forehead again and tightens his grip around my shoulder.

“He made me feel dirty, I shouldn’t have to feel guilty for moving on,” I sniff.

“I know babe,” He nods his head, why did I never see Niall like this before? He cares about me, he doesn’t hurt me constantly like Harry has, he looks after me and I know for a fact that he loves me. He’s always been that, why did I look right past him all those years ago when I could have been with him and been happy all this time, William would be Niall’s and if I was married, I’d be married to Niall and I’d be happy because I know he would never betray me like that. “But seriously do you want some pie? I already took out the ice cream to go with it,” He smiles lopsidedly at me and loosens his grip.

I laugh softly and nod my head, “You know he asked me to ask you if we’d like to move in the house.” I had been meaning to mention this while we were at Louis’ house but I hadn’t talked a lot at Louis’ because I was upset. The only thing I really talked about was starting William on solid food with Eleanor.

“You didn’t agree to anything did you?” He frowns and gets off the sofa and takes the pie back to the kitchen. I pick up William and prop him on my hip and follow Niall in to the kitchen where he’s dishing up apple pie on to plates.

I put William in his bouncer and sit at the kitchen island and take the lid of the ice cream container and dip my finger in to it. “Of course not I can’t stand looking at him let alone living with him again. But I did tell him I’d mention it, so now you know.” I shrug my shoulders and lean across the island bench to grab the spoon. “Shouldn’t we make dinner before we have dessert?” I ask curiously and point the spoon at him.

“Probably,” He shrugged his shoulders. “But all we have is some pita bread and some chicken.” And suddenly I have a brilliant idea. I jump off the stool and yank the pie out from under him. I put it back in the fridge and pull out the chicken and the pita bread. I rummage through the cupboards and pull out some peri-peri chicken sauce that Niall picked up from Nandos, a tube of pizza sauce and an onion. I go to the fridge and get some cheese and grin at Niall.

“Let’s make pizza.” I chirp and pile all the things on the bench.

“Oh my god, it’s like you were made for me.” He breathes as he just stares at me with wide eyes. He glances from the chicken to the peri-peri sauce and back to me and then takes two big steps towards me and grabs my shoulders yanking me forward. He plants a sloppy kiss on my cheek and lets out a squeal of delight like William usually does. William finds this amusing and lets one out too.