Chapter 16

There are currently three tradesmen in my backyard knocking down the back fence. I tried so hard to tell Niall and Harry that it wasn’t necessary to knock down the fence and maybe a gate would be better but they both refused. So now I’m watching the tradies knock down the fence and make a shit load of mess in the backyard.

Niall was out doing some shopping with Liam and I was sitting on the deck with Harry while William had a nap. “So … court is coming up soon.” Harry mentions awkwardly. Things over the last two days had been relatively normal and I had completely forgotten that our court date for the annulment was in less than two weeks. I had the feeling that Harry was hoping that I would change my mind about the annulment since we had slept together. But honestly if we ended up getting back together I’d want to start over again. And the likely-hood of us getting back together still wasn’t great anyway.

I was still getting over the whole thing with Noelle, it would take me a long time to trust Harry again and hooking up with him didn’t mean that I was going to stop the annulment. I know that I have feelings for Niall and I honestly don’t want him to feel like I’m using him. “Yeah it is,” I nod in agreement.

“Have you rethought it since we were together?” I look at him curiously and he’s looking at me with hopeful eyes. I wasn’t expecting him to come right out with it but since he did…

“Nope,” I shake my head and get off the chair and walk in to the house and over to the fridge deciding to make myself busy. He’s just come out with it and made things awkward, great. I pull out some pumpkins and other vegetables and take them over to the bench and start to shop them up making some baby food for William. He’s growing like mad since he started solids he like a little monster now.

“Jess,” Harry followed me inside and walked over to me in the kitchen. “I miss you,” He murmurs as he stands behind me and wraps his arm around my waist and leans his chin on my shoulder. His warm breath sends tingles through my body.

I was rather surprised that he was doing that while I had a sharp knife in my hand but Harry always been confident, ever since we met when he took me for the first time. He got Louis out of the hotel so I could come out with him, that’s how Louis met Eleanor all those years ago. “Don’t do that,” Shake my head and before I do anything stupid I put the sharp knife down on the bench.

“Please Jessi,” He whispers in to my neck staying in the same position.

What I don’t understand is how I can still have these feelings for Harry after he’s cheated on me Caroline twice and had a secret relationship with Noelle. I should be disgusted with him still but I just can’t bring myself to hate him. “I can’t do this Harry,” I shake my head and turn around placing my hands on his chest ready to push him away.

“You can try, I know you can.” He says softly and leans forward and pressed his lips to mine softly. I still can’t control my feelings around him so if he kisses me I’m going to kiss him back. The kiss was sweet but after a few moments Harry moved his hands from around my waist to my hips and pushed me back on to the bench.

I let out a loud grunt as I felt a sharp stab. I put my hands on his chest pushed him back and immediately moved away from the bench. My hands went right to my back and when I brought them back there was a deep red liquid on my fingers. “Oh my god,” I breathed as my hand quickly went back to my back.