Chapter one

Eight years ago I conquered the mortal world as it was. Eight years ago I had revolutionised the supernatural world. We had taken the humans by storm. Five years ago I ended the three year war. Slew all who opposed me and built an empire on which all people were equal. Sups didn't slay the normal and normal didn't stuff the Sups. All was equal. All was right.

I put those who I trusted in power. Each continent now had two main rulers. Each continent split in half. With districts under each ruler. Unlike normal tyrants, I let the people vote the Emperors into power. Granted they were of my inner circle, but I still let them decide. I made sure chaos won't reach us again. But it did...

***

My long manicured black nail tapped away on the hard mahogany desk. Irritation was clear on my features and I had no intention to hide it. They should be glad my fury didn't show. As per usual my guards were late with the orders I gave them. How hard could it be to break into the Light Jade's camp and steal one damn person?

Abruptly I stood and Raven cringed. Her long black her flicked away from me, her eyes darting to a spot on the floor to her left. I died on the inside. "I'm sorry, my little bird. I did not mean to scare you." I spoke and caressed her cheek so that she looked at me. Her brown eyes softened as I gazed into them. "Think nothing of it Luciana, you just give me a fright when you are so agitated." she smiled a soft smile and kissed my palm.

All too slowly, Raven started leaning in to kiss me and I followed her move, but the door burst open right before our hungry lips could meet. "What did I say about entering my study without being announced?" I bit out, my jaw harshly clenched shut. "Sorry your majesty, but we have the girl." Cynric said, the captain of my guard. "Fine. Bring her to me." I sat down again, but Raven still stood. "I think it best if I retire for the night, Luciana. It has been a long day and I do not wish to see you angry. You know I am very... susceptible to your anger." she gave me a small smile and lowered her mouth to mine. "As you wish, my little bird," I answered and kissed her heatedly. "sleep well Raven. I will be up for a while. Tell the others to not wait up." I replied in a calm tone. "I shall. I love you." Raven whispered. "I love you more."

Soundlessly she slipped out and I nodded to Cynric. He motioned for two guards to walk in, between them walked a small woman of maybe 1.55m. Her skin was caramel coloured, her hair a deep brown that came up until her shoulders. She was a vision in white satin. So she had been asleep...

"Good evening!" I stood again, my hands clasped in front of me. My black chiffon floor length whipped in the breeze coming from the open window. My black hair stayed put in its sleek long Chinese bob, only wisps of hair from my fringe out of place. "Who are you and what do you want with me?!" the girl screamed as the guards led her to a seat on the opposite side of my table. Restraints weren't necessary. "Oh dear girl, don't you know? I am your father's opposition." I smiled my most charming smile. "Luciana Knightly. Why do I have the displeasure of meeting you?" she spat my name as if it was venom in her mouth.

"You have the displeasure of meeting me because your father is out right opposing me, something that I do not take lightly." I rolled the words off of my tongue, my African accent no where in hearing range. "What does that have to do with me?" the fire in her eyes made something deep inside me churn. She had a hunger and drive like I have never seen in a human. "Everything, dear sweet girl. You see, I do not wish to shed blood. Why shed it now when I have worked for order for so long. So now you see... Here you come in." I smiled at her again and this time I could see her relax. "I will never turn against my father. Especially not for your kind." she said, spitting my way.

"But it isn't just for my kind, sweet girl, but for this world. I am the one true ruler of it all and honestly, if you look at the world now, is it such a bad place?" my voice was smug, challenging even. "Yes!" she cried out. "How ever so?" I asked, cooking my head to one side. Her face contorted, her eyes filling with confusion. Obviously she couldn't say how. And I wasn't surprised to see it because ever since I came into ruling, not one soul has died because of hunger or bad hygiene.

"So you see why I have brought you here tonight. You hold the key to your father's end. You can help me, help him, help the world, simply just by stop killing our kind and enslaving your kind's mind to do so." her lip quivered with the thought and I nearly laughed at how much easier our task was than anticipated. "Never." she spat out and I just smiled. Or not. "Then you leave me no choice but to keep you here until I convince you otherwise." Cynric pulled on her arm and she stood.

"Shall we go to your sleeping quarters?" I asked and horror filled her face. Her beautiful dark face. "No! You can't keep me here! This is abduction! My father will come for me! He will come and this whole place will burn to the ground!" she protested as the guards dragged her to her living quarters. I followed behind. We had went over this plan multiple time to ensure we succeeded in our task.

All the Emperors agreed that we didn't need more spilt blood. But reasoning with him led us to another election because one of our own was killed. So now we did it my way.

The room was white, light blue and pink, like I knew she liked it. We had studied her a long time before we executed the plan. A gasp left her lips. "I-I-I it's beautiful..." She whispered, probably hoping we didn't hear her. "You will be stay here with us. After a while you will see we are not the monsters you fear. Give it time. But for now. Good night Miss Abney Kamdar." I gave her one last smile before the guards shoved her in and locked the door.

Little did she know that once upon a time... I was worse than the monsters she feared.