I didn’t say anything for a minute, looking twice at every piece of clothing the boys had brought me. Why did they do that? Why would some guys go and buy random girl clothes for me? Random girl clothes that looked quite good?

“Zayn and Harry picked them. What do you think?” Niall winked. Zayn smirked quietly and Harry rolled his eyes.

“I… I can’t take them. I will never be able to pay you back for them.” I stuttered, hurriedly folding the clothes and putting them back in the bags. Harry caught my wrists and looked at me closely.

“You don’t have to pay anything back, April. They are for you.”

“Yeah, you’re family now. What’s ours is yours.” Louis shrugged, putting his arms under his head.

“Come on, please! Take them, alright? For us?” Niall pouted, trying to pull out puppy eyes.

“I—“ I started to say, but they didn’t let me finish.

“Perfect!” Harry said excitedly, grabbing a bag and pushing me towards the bathroom. “You should go change your clothes before you protest more.”

I laughed as he urged me enter the blue room, closing the door behind me. I shook my head, before deciding to take a quick, warm shower and only then change with whatever was in that bag. I tried not to think about the fact of how much I had been sleeping so deeply lately, or that the boys had gone out to buy me clothes. Instead, I focused on the smell of salt in my hair, enjoying the reality that I actually was at the seaside. I really was there, and I knew that I could allow myself to be happy about it.

So after I dried my hair and got dressed with a pair of shorts and an orange T-shirt, with ‘Summer’ written on it, I started imagining the feeling of throwing myself in the water and touching the sand under the waves.

But my reverie soon ended when I realised that the boys disappeared from my room, leaving the other bags of clothes untouched on my bed. Eventually, I found them getting ready in the main hallway, talking and laughing loudly. My eyebrows frowned.

“Where are you going?” I asked, as their laughs quietened a little.

“We’re meeting Simon to talk about today’s concert. He will give us some advice.” Niall spoke, looking at his image in the mirror before turning to look at me.

“I’m so sorry we have to leave you here alone, April.” Harry sighed, his eyes pleading for forgiveness.

“Oh, it’s alright. I’ll be around when you’re back.” I smiled, hiding my slight disappointment.

“We’ll be back in no time, you’ll see.” the curly boy said, kissing my cheek shortly and rushing out the door with the other lads.

I waved them goodbye and stood there alone after they had gone, counting two minutes in my head before I started wondering what I was supposed to do while I was waiting. My feet unconsciously headed towards the kitchen, leading me to the balcony that offered me the most beautiful image of the ocean.  But soon after I spent a while there, gazing at the scenery, I realised that it wasn’t enough for me; I wanted to be like the people from the ground, to touch the sand, to hear the waves crash loudly near me.

Suddenly, I felt so excited that I could jump from the high floor I was at and land on the sand, but instead I chose to run out the hotel room and hurry down the steps. Unfortunately, it never occurred to me how much I had to go down before I reached the ground floor, so when I arrived there I was exhausted. But that didn’t stop me from sprinting out the door and running as fast as I could to the beach that was so close to me, and I didn’t stop until I felt the ground become unequal under my feet. I slowed down, but I didn’t stop until I found myself a few metres away from the blue ocean. My heart was pounding loudly in my chest, as I felt my whole body fill with happiness. I didn’t really mind the sneakers I was wearing when I sat down, making myself comfortable on the weird, golden surface. My hands drew semicircles around my body, as I giggled quietly at the touch of sand under my fingers. I grabbed some in my hand and looked at it closely, admiring its imperfect perfection under the shy rays of sun that got to me between the few clouds in the sky. Other than them, it seemed like everything around me glowed, as the perfect colours of golden and blue mixed up in a breathtaking combination. I smiled widely at the sight of the water, but I didn’t dare to touch it. It seemed so beautiful, so unreal, that I didn’t want to ruin its balance, even with the other people that were already swimming in it.