The next few minutes were uncomfortable, embarrassing and informative. The specialist showed us the screen after a few minutes and announced I had healthy ovaries and ovum. He took some screen shots of them and I even got to take one home as he wanted me to see the egg and focus on it. Believing in myself was just as important as letting him find out the best way to help us catch pregnant after we were married if the natural way didn't work. I was beyond excited and kept hugging the picture like it was a scan of our baby. It was a circle with a fuzzy outline but it was my egg or as Edward referred to it 'the target'. If I couldn't catch pregnant they would either inseminate me or look for a surrogate but he said we had a 70- 80% chance of having a biological baby through those options. They would look at the scans and see if there was anyway to remove the scarring tissue as that could be preventing me catching pregnant or cause miscarriage and the specialist said that can often be more traumatic than not being able to get pregnant. I think in our case he would be right.

Even though Edward and I had never used protection during all our time together I had not got pregnant but the specialist said that was normal. Not to worry. We could have sex for years and not catch. It was awaiting game and not to stress over it. Just enjoy our sex life as when we finally had a child we get less time to enjoy each other.

The journey back to the airport was a blur I just stared at my egg and wished it to create life and give us a baby. That would mean having sex, which we haven't been able to do since my accident and the last time we have sex was before I called off the engagement and told them all to leave. I was sure Edward was just as keen to get naked together as I was. If anything he was extra keen as he now had his eye on the target... literally.

"We are having sex tonight!" I told him once we were on the plane. Giving him a, 'don't even think of turning me down', glare.

"Are you crazy?" he replied.

"Edward..."

"We are having sex the minute that cast is off and we get home. We are not coming out of that room for days! If I don't hit this target my name will be mud," he said determined.

I laughed. "We are not even married yet."

"I don't care, if that egg has a chance to be a baby we are taking it."

"There will be others. This is just proof I can do it!" I said kissing the scan.

"We can do it!" he corrected me.

"Yes, sorry, we. I just meant I can make an egg. Oh my god, you wait until Mary see's our egg. She is going to cry."

"Just like you did," Edward said reminding me of how I had gasped and burst into tears when shown it on screen.

The specialist had explained that I may not have been producing eggs before as I was injured and sometimes your womb and ovaries can go into a sort of shock but now it is showing signs of rebirth and we could be lucky. My periods may be light but I was still having them.

By the time we got to the hospital to get the plastercast removed I was in another world. Only when we left did Edward note I hadn't panicked at all, or even been scared of the hospital. He said it was a miracle!

No it wasn't... it was my planning ahead on which positions would be best for conception. We weren't married yet but we were both up for trying to have a baby. Edward had told his family and they were delighted telling him to 'hit that that target'. Mary and Arthur were looking forward to seeing the picture and said 'get in there' to Edward, which we found hilarious as he said 'I will as soon as we get home'.

My cast removed and an egg ready to be fertilized by a very frisky fiancé could lead to only one thing. Yup, sex in the car. My arm felt fuzzy, weak and heavy without my cast but who needs both arms!