Can't Feel My Face

Kayla and I sat at the kitchen island taking shots and telling old stories as Ryan and Randy came walking into the room laughing.

"What's so funny you two?" Kayla asked.

"Inside joke." Randy teased. He poked at Kayla and she swatted his hand away giggling.

"Asshole." She said playfully with a smile.

Ryan walked over to me and kissed my cheek making me smile.

"We're going out for lunch." He said. He gave the bottle of Patron a glance then he looked up catching Kayla with a disapproving look on his face.

She cleared her throat and began to talk. "Well, we're ready when you two are." She got up and put the bottle away in the cabinet.

"I'll go get dressed." Ryan said. He kissed my cheek again then proceeded to walk out of the room.

We sat in awkward silence looking around the room until Kayla spoke up. "So where are we going to be eating?"

"I don't know. It depends on what you two want to eat." Randy spoke up.

"It doesn't matter to me. Ryan can pick where we eat." I replied. 

"Ryan already ate...." Kayla mumbled mostly to Randy while simultaneously eyeing me.

I gave her an evil glare just as Ryan came bounding into the room with casual clothing on stuffing his wallet into his pocket. I sat slightly in surprise at the laid back look he sported.

"Thanks for making me feel so formal Ryan." Randy said looking down at his dress clothes and giving Ryan a quick glance over.

"Anything to embarrass my little brother." He said with a smirk.

"Wait. Little brother? " I said chuckling.

"Yes Nikki. He's my younger brother."

"And how wonderful it is to be, Randy Lanton, also know as the shadow of Mr. CEO, Ryan Lanton." Randy said sarcastically with a smile.

"My offer of partner still stands if you're tired of partying in the shadow life." Ryan replied laughing.

"I'm enjoying the club life for now. Maybe someday, but for now we should get going before we miss lunch."

We all shared in another laugh as we left the house getting into Randy's car. We ate at a small mom and pop style diner not too far from the house. We talked about everything, laughing frequently. It felt good to be out enjoying myself and mostly just being around Ryan. It felt almost as if we were on a double date. We decided to go out and visit the different places all around that we thought looked interesting.

We stopped at a photo Booth and took pictures together capturing our special time out. We watched a few talented street performers dance and sing entertaining everyone that passed by. Throughout the day we stopped and tasted the different foods and drinks making our taste buds just as happy as we all were. We visited a few clothing stores just to window shop. Kayla and I tried on different outfits and modeled them for Ryan and Randy. They bought the four of us beach wear to put on. We all changed and walked the beach watching the sunset and waves that crashed into the beach looking incredibly beautiful.

Ryan and I walked behind Randy and Kayla taking in the scenery together as if we had been together since the day we had first laid eyes on each other. We were side by side holding hands stepping in sync with each other in a peaceful silence. We watched as Randy and Kayla play fought laughing and joking with one another.

Ryan bent down and kissed me on my cheek making me giggle slightly. I looked down, blushing at how open he was with his attraction towards me. There was never a man in my life that treated me like I was so important. I snuck a small glance at him and noticed how he looked at me with an almost loving expression. It was the type of expression that a man only had when he saw a woman that he was truly fascinated with, a woman that he would never want to lose. I blushed again realizing that I had been staring at him. I looked ahead at Kayla, who was on Randy's back laughing.

"What's the history between those two?" I asked turning his attention away from my gaze.

"Well, I introduced them about three years ago and they started dating. "

"And what happened? I mean they seem so happy, why would they end something like that?"

His smile dropped and he looked away. "Something........ complicated came up."

"What could ever break something that great up?"

He went silent for a while just staring off into the distance to think before turning back to me with a smile.

"It's not important now. I brought her to his club for a reason, and it worked out for the best." He said directing me to where Kayla was laying on Randy's chest, a wide grin spread across her face.

We sat down next to them and watched the sun setting in the distance.

-Ryan P.O.V.

I sat back, watching Nikki as she laid her head on my shoulder staring at the glistening water. She was as beautiful as ever, I couldn't help but to stare at her. I had nearly fallen in love with her the very first day we had met. I adored the way she smiled, the way she laughed, her walk, her talk, even the way she got caught up in her thoughts. I couldn't imagine a life without her, it was nearly impossible.

I kissed her cheek for the millionth time that day. I couldn't help myself. She was my addiction.

"Ryan, are you OK?" She asked me chuckling.

"I'm fine I'm just.....thinking."

"About what?" she said looking me in the eyes.

I remembered when we first flew here how terrified she was to look me in the eyes. I had gained her trust, broken down the wall she had built up.

"Ryan? " she asked with a look of confusion.

"I....um.....I....." I couldn't find the words to say as I sat there staring into her stunning eyes.

She giggled and kissed me gently on the lips, laying her head back down.

"I love you Nikki.........."