Sorry I'm Late

I sat up the whole night just thinking about what had happened between me and Mr.Lanton. How could I have been so stupid? How could I have possibly thought that my boss, the wealthiest man in Chicago, would ever want me, the Ms.Piggy of Chicago?

As I sat on the edge of my bed finishing off the bottle of 1738 I decided it was best if I got some rest. I crawled into the bed, checking the time. 4:38 AM, less than 3 hours before the meeting. Still I just couldn't shake what Mr.Lanton had said. Nothing that had happened on this trip had made any sense to me. I hated being confused, and this was the most confusing situation I'd ever been in.

"Go to bed."

"After all of that you just walk away and tell me to go to bed?!"

"Yes Miss Blackwel. It's late you have work to do in the morning. Go to bed."

Before I knew it I had thought through another hour. Shit. Why do I feel this way? I kept thinking. I had never felt this way about anyone and it was starting to make me feel like I was going insane. Finally, after letting my thoughts settle, I rolled over and closed my eyes. Finally, silence.....more silence...... then loud banging.

Boom!Boom!Boom!

"Ms. Blackwel, I hope you know that you were supposed to be up and ready 10 minutes ago. The meeting starts in 30 minutes. I have to leave to set up but there's another car on its way. It'll be here in 10 minutes. Please don't be late." Mr.Lanton's muffled voice came from the other side of the door.

I popped up as quick as humanly possible and ran into the bathroom to shower, sliding on the marble floors the entire way.

10 minutes

I ran back out to lotion up and put on underwear. I had no clue of what to wear.

5 minutes

Grey knee length skirt with a black button up blouse. I put on my outfit and had no clue where my work heels were.

4 minutes

I dived under the bed to find my shoes. When I found them I threw them on and started the search for my work bag. Finding it next to the door I sprinted out of my room and down the stairs to the front door.

 At that point I was 4 minutes late getting to the car.

I jumped into the car and commanded the driver to go as fast as he could. We peeled out of the driveway and onto the main street to be greeted with a traffic jam. 

"No no no!!! I'm already late!!" I yelled.I couldn't believe that I had overslept to the point of being late to a meeting.

We sat for at least 10 minutes before the cars stared moving. I pressured the driver to hurry there. With the driver going full speed we made it to the building with no time to spare. I ran in as fast as I possibly could to the nearest elevator and pushed the up button.

"Come on. Come on." I jittered nervously.

The elevator dinged and I raced into it pressing the 11th floor. I don't know if God was playing a joke on me but I the elevator stopped on every floor, even if there was no one there to get on it. It stopped went down went up then went back down. It took 4 minutes before I actually made it to the meeting room floor.

I ran as fast as I could in my heels to reach the meeting room. When I got to the door I stopped, straightened me clothes and took a deep breath before proceeding to open the door.

"The objective of our meeting today is to......." Mr.Lanton stopped in the middle of his sentence.

All eyes were instantly focused intensely on me."I umm...I'm sorry I'm late.....traffic......" I laughed out nervously.

"Its fine. Take your seat Miss. Blackwel. We were just getting started." I sat down in my seat as he continued with the meeting. "As I was saying, we are here to discuss ways to market our loan company."

After my awkward entrance the meeting was a blur because it went by so quickly, not to mention I was so embarrassed by my late arrival. I honestly believed that he ended it fast for a specific reason. I can definitely think of what that reason was.

"You're all dismissed, thank you for your time. Ms. Blackwel, may I speak with you privately?" Everyone but me got up, as if it was rehearsed, and left the room in unison.

This is it. I'm totally fired. I might as well start filling out applications for other offices.

"Miss. Blackwel." he stalked toward me, "I specifically told you last night to get some rest for today's meeting. Did I not?"

"You did Mr.Lanton." I replied with puppy dog eyes as I stared forward.

He bent down to ear level and whispered "You call me sir. Do you understand?" His voice was calm yet dominating. He sounded so stern that I was turned on and afraid at the same time. "Well? Do you understand?"

"Yes sir." My voice shook slightly as the words slid out.

"Good girl. Now stand up."

I slowly stood out of my seat expecting anything to happen. I could feel the warmth radiating from his body onto mine. I was intimidated by just feeling him standing behind me, watching my every move.

"Good girl. Turn around."

I turned and faced him, looking up into his amused eyes.

"Don't be nervous. Tell me why you were late." He said folding his arms.

"Th-there was a tr-traffic j-jam. Sir." I studdered.

"Oh really now? Hmmm...... Get on the desk."

"W-what?"

"Get. On. The. Desk." he said while slowly closing in and backing me toward the desk.

I did as told and climbed onto the desk with little hesitation. I watched as he walked to the far end of the room and locked the door. He walked back over to me and stood in front of my legs.

"Spread them."

"Excuse me sir?"

"You heard me. Spread them." I did as I was told and spread my legs as far as I could. Mr. Lanton looked me in the eyes, smirked, and said "This day is about to get a lot more interesting."