Chapter Thirty-Eight

Começar do início

I'm so glad that I came. (Ya know both ways 😏😂sorry)

It reminds me of last night when she slept with us, Peeta on one side and Willow on the other.

It felt so nice.

My family surrounding me-the two most important people in my life.

"Let's get inside, it gets pretty cold here at night." Peeta says as he grabs their bags and we go back into the warm hotel, the man waves as we walk back in and get on the elevator.

"Goodness, I'm exhausted." Peeta complains.

"You know, that even though I don't really like the idea, I think it's very sweet of you to drive all this way for Willow and I. And I know I don't believe it now but I'm sure that eventually I'll be happy you did this." I tell him.

He smiles sadly, "I just don't want you to regret it."

"And I don't think that I will but I probably will." I say shrugging.

Peeta sighs, "I figure you will but if not we at least have our asses covered."

The elevator opens up and Peeta follows me down the hall to our room. We go inside and I lay Willow in the bed.

I walk over to where Peeta is getting undressed and I just watch him.

"What?" Peeta asks, looking up cluelessly.

I chuckle and shake my head, "Nothing."

He laughs a little, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because."

Peeta smiles tiredly, "Because why?" He asks, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me chest to chest with him.

"Because you're absolutely adorable." I say with a sly laugh.

He scoffs and shakes his head.

"I'm serious."

"Well, thanks." Peeta laughs.

I lean forward and press a kiss to his cheek.

He grins, "You must've really missed me the last 24 hours..."

"I did." I tell him truthfully.

Peeta sighs, "Actually, it's only been about 23 hours but it's whatever." He winks at me.

I laugh a little.

He grabs my face and pecks my lips over and over and over.

My stomach churns as I lean further into him, loving the sudden affection he's giving me.

We've been extremely affectionate lately but we weren't for what seemed the like the longest time so I am soaking this up.

Our foreheads are pressed together and he smiles widely, nearly out of breath. He lets out a small laugh and I do too.

"If only Willow wasn't here." I laugh a little.

Peeta chuckles, "What?" He asks, even though he knows exactly what.

I give him a knowing look.  

"Nothing." I say and he grabs my butt.

"Peeta Mellark!" I jump, scolding him.

He chuckles, "Oh, are you the only one allowed to do that?"

I return the favor, "Yes. And incase you forgot about the last time I told you-it's still adorable and very firm and nice."

"Yours too, Hun."

I laugh, "Hun?" I repeat.

"Hun." He confirms.

I chuckle, "I love you."

It takes a second for another smile to cross his face, "I love you too." Peeta says.

I hug him tight and he kisses the top of my head.

"You know what?"

I look up at him.

"Maybe we just needed a trip to figure out who we are exactly." He says quietly, knowing I'll understand what it is he's telling me.

"Maybe." I say.

It's true, we do seem to be more back to ourselves than we were even just yesterday.

"Maybe we could let your mom visit Willow tomorrow and let us go on a date or something?"

I bite my tongue and nod my head.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing." I say quickly.

He shrugs, "You don't want Willow being left alone with her?"

"Yeah. It's not that I don't trust her or whatever but yeah..." I shrug my shoulders.

I completely trust my mother with her but at the same time I don't want her to get individual time with her. I want Peeta to at least be there to kind of ruin that specialness for her I guess, I'm not sure.

"That's fine. I just thought that maybe we could go spend some time together but if not that's fine." He smiles.

"You're lying."

"I'm not." He says.

I sigh, "I'll think about it." I say.

He shrugs his shoulders, "Alright."

'Alright' in that tone he also says 'Okay' in when he just wants me to shut up.

"Let's go to bed." I say to him and he nods and we break away.

I undress into my underwear and then flip out the lights, the television illuminating the room.

We both get into bed, Willow in between us and we face each other.

I reach out and taking his hand and he pulls it to his lips, "I love you."

"I love you too." I say and he squeezes my hand.

I smile softly and he returns it.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I repeat softly.

***45 comments please!!! Also my 700th follower will get a dedication in the next chapter and also any ideas for the next chapter? I have a few but I want some sparks :)