✨ c h a p t e r t h i r t y t h r e e ✨

Start from the beginning

"What's the surprise?" I asked, sitting up as he disappeared into his walk-in closet to change.

He came back wearing a pair of grey sweatpants. "The whole point of a surprise is to not tell you," he said, grabbing my waist as he pulled me to him.

"What's the fun in that?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pecked my lips softly.

"Everything." I rolled my eyes.

For a while, we just stayed in his bed. He told me about his day at work. He works at the ice cream parlor nearby. In my opinion, that's the best job in the world. I mean, who doesn't love ice cream? Think about it, ice cream is the best dessert in the world. Working at an ice cream parlor gives you the opportunity to sneak in (into your stomach, I mean) as much as you want. Sure you might have to end up quitting because you fall into a sugar induced coma, but it's worth it, right?

"You're not wearing a sweater," he said after a few moments of tracing my arm with his fingertips.

"I'm doing better," I replied. He grinned, kissing my lips eagerly.

"I'm so proud of you babe," he murmured. "I love you."

"I love you, Roman," I responded, kissing him just as eagerly.

After a while of just making out and cuddling, the two of us got up to get a snack. "So when do you want your surprise?" he asked, tapping my bum. I stuck my tongue out at him as I heated up some leftover pizza.

"After we eat," I told him, bumping his side. He grabbed my waist, pulling me to him. His fingers sneakily slipped underneath my top and I was being tickled. "Ro-man!" He laughed, continuing to tickle the hell out of me. "S-stop! I-I'm go-gonna pee!"

I was suddenly hoisted over his shoulders. He carried me towards the living room where he practically dumped me onto the couch. I could faintly hear the microwave beep but I was too busy focusing on my shirtless boyfriend. I bit my lip as he stared at me with a smirk on his lips. He crawled on top of me, pinning me to the couch. His head dug into the crook of my neck, kissing my skin. My legs wrapped around his waist almost automatically as his fingers lifted my top until it was right below my breasts. The skin of his stomach pressed mine as he bit my neck gently, eliciting a moan from my lips. He slowly grinded his body against mine, leaving absolutely no space between us.

"Roman," I moaned. He gripped my waist tightly, cursing underneath his breath.

"Abigail," he breathed, his hands running down my body as he cupped my ass. "You drive me crazy." I kissed him in response.

"I love you," I murmured against his lips. We were both breathing heavily, his head resting in the crook of my neck as he laid on top of me.

"I love you," he responded, kissing my jaw.

"Come on," I said, shoving his shoulder. "I'm starving." He chuckled and helped me up.

After we ate pizza, he led me back upstairs. He held my hand as he led me past his bedroom towards another room. I've noticed that room before but never questioned it considering it was none of my business. He squeezed my hand and opened the door.

The walls were painted blue. Not normal blue, but different shades of blue. It was a massive painting of the waves. It covered the whole perimeter, even the ceiling. The left side of the walls showed the beach during a regular sunny day. There was a painting of a sun near the top corner of the wall. The waves were all different shades of blue. As I turned towards the opposite side, I saw it gradually changed into a darker grey. It took me a moment to realize that this painting was from day to night, from light waves to a gruesome storm. I stepped closer, touching the wall. Some of the paint was sticking out from the wall. It was a low relief painted room. I craned my neck up, looking at the ceiling. This painting was of the sky from sundown to sunrise.