✨ c h a p t e r f i f t e e n ✨

Roman's birthday was in a little more than two weeks away. Asher and Maggie planned a surprise party that would take place at Roman's. They would get all the decorations and supplies for the party, Tony and Anna would manage all the invites, and I was supposed to distract him while they set up. How I was going to distract his was beyond me. I had to make sure to stay away from his home.

"What do we have done so far?" I asked Maggie as she painted her toenails on my floor. It was nearing nine in the evening as we (Anna, Maggie, and I) lazily sat around my room.

"We can't quite do the decorations until you take him out, but Anna has all the RSVP's done, right?" She looked at Anna who was scrolling through her phone.

"Yeah, that's all done," she answered without looking up.

"When does your grandmother leave?" Maggie asked, switching to her other foot.

"Later tomorrow I think," I mumbled, instinctively running my thumb over my scars. They weren't rough or jagged anymore. I haven't cut in a couple of days and for some reason I don't feel like I need to. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing considering I could relapse any moment now. "I haven't spoken to her ever since she talked to Roman." Anna and Maggie shared a secret smile which left me confused. "What?"

"You and Roman are perfect for each other, you know that?" Anna asked, setting her phone down on her thigh. I fought the blush that was tempted to appear on my cheeks, failing completely.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I mumbled, trying to focus on something else. Maggie snorted.

"You guys are practically a couple, just without the PDA," Maggie said.

"We're just friends," I defended.

"Bullshit Abbs," Anna interjected. "We all know it." I groaned aloud, lying on my back as I covered my face with my hands.

"Is it that obvious?" I murmured. Maggie and Anna chuckled.

"Not to Roman," Maggie said. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"There's no point anyways. It's just a small crush, besides, he has Tiffany wrapped around his finger." They made fake gagging noises.

"You really think Roman wants to be with Tiff?" Maggie asked rhetorically. "I'm sure he'd rather get stomped on the balls repeatedly." I chuckled, sitting back up. "Besides, he likes you."

"As a friend," I interjected. Two pillows came flying towards my face, hitting me straight in the nose. "Hey!"

"Don't be such a pessimist," Anna retorted. "It's not good for you." I rolled my eyes, clutching both pillows in my lap to avoid any more violence.

"Knock knock," my aunt said, opening the door. "Hey girls."

"Hey Mrs. Sanders," Maggie and Anna said simultaneously.

"I've made some cookies, come downstairs and take some," she said before disappearing behind the door.

Anna and Maggie were instantly up from their spots. "Watch your feet Mags," I reminded her. She cursed, clutching her pinkie toe while standing as she inspected her nails. She set her foot back down with a satisfied grin and the three of us went downstairs. We were met by the familiar smell of chocolate chip cookies. We sat down on the island and began munching away.

"Leah, where is my bag?" my grandmother asked, coming into the kitchen. "I didn't know we had company." She eyed both Maggie and Anna with a disapproval look.

"We're friends of Abby's," Maggie said, acting as polite as she can.

"Are you friend's with that delinquent too?" she muttered.