Chapter one: Beginnings

Start bij het begin

He seemed nervous for a second. "Sweetheart, you do realize we have to move?"

"Yeah, dad and it's going to be great." I was positively excited. The idea of moving to a new place seemed very interesting.

"How about your friends? I thought teenagers these days didn't like the idea of moving to a new town and school"

I eyed him with a smile. "Dad, what's my name?" He knew exactly what I was going to say but he still replied.

"Abigail."

"That's your answer right there. I'm not every other teenager. Im Abby, your little girl and very special." I moved closer to hug him, feeling the warmth and love that always came with his hugs.

And so instead of spending three days out of school doing nothing, I started packing my stuff and helping out dad with his stuff and living with a smile covering my face.

New town, new school, new people.

This was going to be great mostly because I liked new beginnings and also because a few minutes after I had connected my fist to the boy who got me suspended, I was sure if I ever set my eyes on him, I would cast a spell on him.

****

The present day.

"Abby, Abby. Get up, will you? Or you will be late for your first day at school." My dad shouted outside my room. I was already wide awake after all his shouting.

"Dad, I'm already awake." I mumbled and headed to the shower. Since the move here last weekend I was already half in love with the place.

It felt like there was something that pulled me to the town.

The little of Maytown I had explored exposed its unique features that catered to the have and the have nots. My family fortunately fell in to the latter after all my father was an excellent orthopedic surgeon and being hired by the only private hospital in Maytown had a lot of pros.

Thirty minutes later I was dressed and as I stared in the mirror, I realized I look like I came from an underground concert. The worn and torn jeans hugged me tightly and the oversized snow colored t-shirt glazed with the words Im bad in the front along with a small replica of an angel holding a burning sword was the perfect outfit for first days. Together with black sneakers that my friends had given me as a going away present.

I kissed dad good morning and headed out grabbing a chocolate bar. I was not known for my excellent healthy breakfast choices. I headed to the brand-new car my dad had bought me feeling a need to celebrate moving to a new town. A sleek and expensive looking SUV that I did not need but definitely loved.

I made it to school early unlike my old school where I usually was the last one to enter school and usually got detention after wards. Well, today was my first day here at least I could do something nice. And follow protocols for once. I was definitely aiming to impress myself.

I entered the old school building immediately getting the feel of a prison. Whoever had designed this place must have been depressed. I did not fail to notice how some few students looked at me strangely. And some had the audacity to even gawk at me. I rolled my eyes (a habit that got me to much trouble) and walked to the office where I got my schedule and a few needed things.

As I was walking in the hall way trying to decipher my new environment somebody knocked into me. If I did not know better, I would have assumed it was a concrete wall that had squeezed all the air out of my lungs as I fell smack on to the ground.

I stood up only to find the girl who had made me fall glaring down at me. "Watch where you are going, scumbag." She screamed. Her red fiery hair was neatly tied in a perfect knot that went well with the dress that looked like it came straight from a designers hand and the little make up she had on merely added to her beauty.