11 》Just Trust Me

N I A L L

At the party, when we were both alone under the moonlight, she said something that I can't able to forget that I even skipped some sleep just thinking about it.

*flashback*

"I want to... tell you.. thaaat..." she was moving closer, snaking her arms on me. I can even smell the mixture of her fragance and the liquor coming out of her breath. "I think.. I like you!" She whispered pointing her finger on my chest.

I became quiet, unable to process what she just said. Ariana likes me? For real?

"There you are Bestie! My gosh, how can you be so stubborn little ass. Come on let's go home." Lexie came followed by Harry. "Oh, Hi Niall! Thanks for looking after her." She said while supporting Ariana to stand. Harry looked at me in a second with a doubt, then he left too, helping Lexie to get in the car.
**

Like she's drunk that night and I'm not so sure if those words were or weren't true. She even said the same words to Harry. And I think she didn't remember what happened that night. If it's true that she likes both of us or one of us, I'd rather stay silent because Harry really likes her.

Eventhough I like her too, she doesn't deserve like me. I know I am no match for Harry because he can express the love exactly that a girl wants. I am too weak. Harry can be a perfect man for her.

Right now, she was crying in front of me and I have no idea why. I'm not really good at this. I bet she has something that is hiding from everybody. I can see it in her eyes. But what is it?

"Hey why did you cry all of a sudden? Look at me please." I said while tilting her chin up but ceasing to land her eyes on mine. She didn't bother saying a single word instead she just continue to weep on the throw pillow she's embracing.

"Did I say something hurtful?" I asked her in a worried tone. This is the first time I saw Ariana like this; in a current state where she looked so wasted. Tears flowing down in her beautiful face makes my heart break at the sight. I don't want girls crying in front of me. It looks like part of me was my fault and I was having a little panic if I may add.

"I-I'm sorry if I look like a shit right now." She cursed breaking my first rule but I exclude it though because she was crying. She's still acting tough but she can never hide the fact that she just bursted in front of me.

"Tell me... everything. Please don't trap the pain on your heart. You can hide it or cover it, but you can't keep it in yourself forever."

"I don't think you would see me as the Ariana again if I tell you." She admitted trying to compose herself again. I knew there was something painful she was going through. And all I need is to hear every single bit of it.

"Just.. trust me." I made a promise, preparing my ears from hearing her side.

I can't stand seeing you like this Ariana.

"But-" she complained but I cutted her quickly by my thumb wiping the last drop of tears that fell from her lids. "Shhh, It's going to be fine now." I cooed trying to lessen the emotional effect she's suffering before she nodded in reponse.

"I was only thirteen when my mom died.." she paused before sighing a heavy one.

"...she was the most bad-ass responsible woman you'll ever meet, not the oven-cook-type mom. She died fighting a lung cancer that she carried for about two years. Imagine, how many times does she suffer? I couldn't think of it. I loved her so much that I would do anything to bring her life back, but then it just happen to some sick science fiction stories." She smiled after saying those words, probably fake because it was a bad phenomena growing up without a mother.

When can you be true to yourself Ariana?

"I'm sorry for the loss of your mom." I apologized, but she just shrugged. "No one's responsible for it, neither my Dad who I almost cursed for abandoning me after." She muttered changing her feature into melancholic look again. She continued, "so it happened one week after my mom died..."

*flashback being told to Niall*

"Dad," I asked my dad whose busy packing his things on his suitcase. "Where are you going?"

"I.. I will just go on a short vacation, don't worry I'll leave you to Frankie."

"Oh," I drawled out, vastly relieved. He pats me in the head and smiled. Though I have met Frankie, my older brother, once in a reunion, I have no idea what his attitude was.

My mother once said he was talented like me so I wanted to meet him back then but now all I wanted to was someone who will stay by my side.

I softly tugged his shirt, "don't go Dad please, don't leave me here." I almost beg but he just shaked his head and gave me a tight hug.
**

"Little did I know it was the last hug I will receive from him." She said ending up her story as she wiped beads of tears from her lids. I never knew under her sassiness, she was vulnerable inside.

Now, I almost forgot her attitude for a while and wanted to hug her right now but I'm too scared for her reaction. If I do it, I will lost all the trust I gained from her.

Not now, Niall.

"So what happened next? What did you do when he left you?" I ask trying to shake off my thoughts and focus on her story.

"Nah, I don't think we have much time for that." She said while checking the time. It was already evening but having Ariana beside me felt so short.

"Okay Ariana, I guess we'll continue tomorrow?" I asked her if she was available tomorrow instead she wrote something on a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Text me." She gave me her number. Gosh, her freaking number! I feel like a girl squealing inside but then I flashed her a smile before I left her house.

**
A/n: Gosh, I think I lost all my readers for updating v v slow :/
Sorry!

Don't worry I'll try to do a double update once holiday set foot.
-Lara x