14 》The Enigma

A R I A N A

"God, Ariana where were you last night? I've been calling you since yesterday but you're not answering my calls. I even went here to see if you're just sleeping but I saw no traces of you." The noisy blab of Lexie's sermon brought me back to senses from my deep slumber.

"The heck Bestie, did you just came here early to scold at your bestfriend?" I groaned in annoyance tucking the warm blanket up to my head.

"What early Bestie?" She asked, "It's already past eleven in the morning! Geez, wake up you lazy tiny-ass!" She yelled taking the blanket off me and shaking my bed tremendously.

Still sleepy, I searched for my phone and found it under my pillow. I saw 50 missed calls and a bunch of texts from Lexie, 3 texts from Harry and 1 text from Niall. Ignoring my bestfriend's, I excitedly opened Harry's texts first.

I didn't expect your answer to be like that, Ariana. It's better if you said no. At least I know. But I'm not giving up on you. ;) It was a beautiful date though. Goodnight princess. x
12:05 AM

Rise and shine! My princess should eat her breakfast now.
7:42 AM

I'll go to work now so I can't text you for a while but you can still text me cause I'll reply to it once my shift is done by 5pm. All the love. x
9:00 AM

I smiled on my screen like a pathetic idiot. Do I really like Harry? Do I really like someone? Well, I'm feeling something rumbles inside my stomach everytime he looks at me and the chills he's giving when he smiles. But I'm afraid. I don't know what else to feel now.

"Ha! Bestie! Now you're ignoring me? Can you explain to me why you're being such a weird boho lately? Hmm?" Lexie plunged in my thoughts. She caught me grinning over to the phone.

"Boho? Are you serious Bestie?" I asked, shaking my head while slightly giggling. "It's nothing!"

"What nothing? Lemme see." She tried to snatch my phone from my hands and Lexie being tough, she got it. Then she ran to my balcony. I followed her quickly but it's too late. She already read all of the messages. And now she's giving me accusing stares like I made a murder or something.

"I hate you." She said giving me back the phone. Her bubbly character suddenly goes blank. I really can't tell if she's truly mad so I joked.

Throwing my arms in the air, "Surprise Bestie! Hehe. Now you know why I'm being so weird lately huh." I said. I wanted to be mad at Lexie too for meddling with my private stuffs but she needs to know what is happening to my life also. She should know. She is my bestfriend.

Instead of responding, she left me alone at the balcony.

What have I done?

You're not telling things to her, Ariana. You're a liar.

My hands started to squirm in nervousness as I saw she walked back to my room quietly. I followed her again.

I found my bestfriend looking at the Polaroid pictures on my desk. In her hand, it was us during Christmas eve last year on Disneyland. Both wearing mini mouse headband while hugging each other. Happiness is prominent as we smiled on the camera.

I will never forget that day..

"Ariana," I jolted as she called my name. I didn't thought she would feel my quiet presence behind her. She spoke, "Sometimes I wonder if you just live like a normal girl. Maybe we could hang out often. Then, you wouldn't be sassy to everyone. Fame was engulfing you so much that you're so focused to it rather than thinking of other people's feelings Ariana."