Chapter 7

edited//7.13.16
"um, your teaming up with these mages from fairytail." Kaori came up behind the mages, clearly having only caught up to them.

"Yukino-San!" Wendy was here. Lucy was definitely happy to see her.

"Hi minna!" I said. Lucy was about to greet them, but I ran out of magic quickly. If I want Lucy to rely on me, I would have to find a way to keep my magic supply up. They stopped their wave awkwardly and I apologized. They walked to their rooms. To be specific about which group it was; Erza, Gray, Wendy, Carla, Happy, Natsu. I concentrate and focus to replenish my power, and summon her to tell her about my plans and how we could formally greet them soon. She nodded and disappeared with a smile. When I was finally alone, I dressed up in my plain grey shorts, and simple white tee shirt. I walked to bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the soft yellow glow of the sun and did what any decent person would do. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed in my white and blue top, and blue skirt. I was ready, clicking my keys to my belt.

We all stepped out the door at the same time. I was grateful to Lucy for keeping her greetings short and sweet. We silently walked towards the clients office once she finished and left.

"We'll be going now."

"ok, be careful kids."

We walked towards the large forest, and that's when we saw the "monster". It was an actual dragon! Golden wings, golden body, purely white claws, and lavender eyes.

I summoned Lucy, and she didn't even notice team Natsu right behind me. She stared and froze as she saw the dragon.

"Starling??"

"Lucy," said the soft gentle voice. "How's your master? is she good to you?" Lucy grinned, with a hint of tears. these weren't sadness tears. Lucy was overwhelmed with joy.

The past
Lucy wandered the earthland world, wondering when they would use her key. Before that could happen, she had to become strong. She asked the Celestial Spirit King through a mini phone compact mirror thing.

"I need to practice my training. Do you know who I could train with?"

Summoning her to one of the prettiest portals in Fiore, she stepped in and saw a dragon.

"Girl, you dare step into the cave of a dragon? do you know not of how many people die at the hands of dragons?"

Lucy looked around and hopefully a wise choice instead of running or attacking, Lucy said,

"I would like to train with you, I am a celestial spirit, a new, yet weak one. I need to become stronger before my key is found. This will be soon and I heard that you have the ability to pause time temporarily. please accept me!" I bowed suddenly and thought about what I just said. After a long pause she sighed and said

"Starlinavi. My name."

"Do you mind If I called you starling?"

"not at all. I will train with you, but on one condition."

lucy thought it would be some kind of serious price, but no.

"I want you to cook for me everyday. I hate raw meat but I gotta eat!" Instantly, Lucy knew this dragon was gonna be one heck of a sassy one...

Sweatdropping, Lucy agreed. ever since then, Lucy has trained and become stronger. the 2 grew so close, Starling was like Lucy's second mother. For what could've felt like years, Lucy and Starling had a relationship half like Natsu and grays. they would argue ALOT, and then pretend it never happened 5 minutes later. They would sacrifice their lives for each other, but wouldn't admit it.

"I'm Lucy!"

"I think it's gonna be fun, getting to know you, Lu."

They trained for so long and it could've been for as long as they want for they froze time to train together.

Walking up to the dragon Lucy gave a wide grin and right before she touched it, an explosion came and when she looked back, the dragon was on its side. The villagers who had taken advantage of the dragons distraction shot a cannon infused with some dragon slayer magic

Lucy stared at the dying dragon on the ground, all her memories coming back to her, tears streaming down her face.

"W-what..."

"Lucy, I'm sure your going to be extremely strong soon."

"Your like a mother to me, Starling."

"Lucy, it's time to say goodbye."

she taught Lucy how to cook in a special way using her powers. She taught her how to create her own fireworks and auroras. They automatically form around her when she feels an emotion very strongly as a side effect.

It was blue. Blue aesthetically beautiful auroras spiraled and floated around her. She taught her star dragon slaying, but Lucy never learned her celestial spirit moves.