Chapter 12

aka the REAL chapter 12 c: 

lolol, alright let's just hop down to it. i hope you like it!

Questions, Comments, Concerns? 

As always Vote....Comment....Fan? <3

Edited? [x]

xoxo

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was really starting to get tired of her just running off like it's all good in the hood. It's not. I didn't run after her because I knew it'd only give her a chance to attack me with her harsh words and crazy eyes. In my head, I'd always picture someone taking her from the parking lot, or that she'd be so angry that she'd do something I know she'd regret. I honestly don't know if I could live with myself.

“Why didn’t you tell anyone you could sing?” Cole asked me. I shrugged as I struggled to put my wet hair in a bun. I ran my fingers through the bumps but the saltiness of the ocean wasn't helping. “I didn’t think it was important. I mean, I love singing but I never made it my top priority.”

“Well make it your priority.” Nikki exclaimed.

“Girl, you must be trippin'." I shook my head when I saw everyone nodding in encouragement, "I’m not even that good, guys.”

“Sing do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-ti-do.” Will commanded. I did as I was told. “Are you happy now?” I laughed.

“You need to do a cover with us, like now.” Dana insisted.

“You all are out of your minds if you actually think I’m gonna do this.”

“Why not? I want everyone to know how talented my girlfriend is.” Cole said, putting his arm over my shoulder.

“Wait, girlfriend? When did this happen?” Gabe asked, burning a hole into our faces with his glare.

“Yesterday?” It was so hard not to look at his puppy eyes when I knew how hurt he was.

“You barely know her!” Gabe argued, raising his voice at Cole. Cole's arm slipped off my shoulder as he stalked towards Gabe, “I’m trying to get to know her better. That’s the whole reason people date. Why, is there a problem?”

His words shot like arrows, marking impact with each syllable. Everything got intense in a matter of seconds. No one even dared to breathe.

“Okay, that’s enough.” I said, getting in between them. I pointed to Gabe, “We need to talk.”

I walked with Gabe until we reached the pier, I could feel his eyes trying to meet mine but I looked away.

“When were you planning on telling me? Erin, you guys barely know each other! This is crazy!” He yelled angrily.

“Gabe, I honestly don’t see how it’s any of your business. Me and Cole really like each other, we’re getting to know each other more and more each day….why can’t you just be happy for me? For us? We’re both one of your best friends, I don’t understand what the big problem is. It's not like we're getting married!” I thought that maybe if I let him admit his love for me, it’d be easier. He shook his head and looked at the sand, “I just don’t think you guys should be together.”

I couldn’t take it anymore.

“So you think we should be together?” I blurted out. His head snapped up. “Yeah, I know that you’re secretly in love with me. I heard you sleep talking earlier.” He was speechless for a while so I continued. “Gabe, if I knew that you liked me, I wouldn’t have asked you to ask Mel to the banquet. She really liked you Gabe, like, she goes gaga every time you’re around. You really broke her yesterday.”

“Wait, so that’s why she called you a whore?”

I nodded, “She somehow knew you liked me and thought it was part of my plan to rub it in her face that you like me, and not her. I had no idea until earlier, but she won’t believe me.” He shook his head and sighed, his puppy eyes making a reappearance. “I’m really sorry Erin. I made a mess, didn’t I?”

I nodded, “But that’s not important right now. I’ll fix things with Mel later, now I need to fix things with you.”

I took a deep breath, “Gabe, you’re my best friend and I love you with all my heart. I hope you know that there’s never going to be something between us. I never thought of you in that way, ever. I’m sorry Gabe, I would never do that to Mel, and I’m really happy with Cole. I hope this doesn’t affect our friendship, you mean way too much to me.”

He stayed looking at the floor. “I’m gonna go for a walk. I just need to think.” He said, walking away. I sighed as I made my way back to the umbrella.

“Well that went well.” I sighed, plopping back on the sand. Cole sat next to me and I leaned on him. Just then, my phone started vibrating like crazy. “What is going on? Why are people spamming my phone with twitter mentions?” I asked angrily as I grabbed my phone from my bag. It hasn’t stopped vibrating since this morning. “So you haven’t even taken a look at the mentions?” Dana asked.

“No, I don’t know these people.”

All the boys’ mouths went in a tight line. “Better now than never.” Dalton said, looking at the rest of the guys. “What’s going on?” Cole asked, panicking.

“Well you’d know what was going on if you even bothered to stay on your twitter for more than five minutes.” Will countered. Dana had his arm around Danya, but he looked at me with concerned eyes, “You’re getting hate from some of the more….crazy fivers.”

“Wait, why are they hating on me?”

“Because you’re Cole’s new girlfriend, and they think you’re only going out with him because of his fame.” This was news to me and apparently to Cole too because he went on his twitter right away.

“But I started falling for him, even before I knew he was in a band.” 

I took out my phone and tweeted,

I like @ColeIM5 for him, okay? And if you don't believe me, go ahead. Have a great day! <3

With that, I put my phone back into my bag. Nikki laughed out loud as she read my tweet. “That’s it? You don’t care that you’re getting hate, at all?” Will asked.

“Pfft, are you kidding me? These girls don’t know me at all, and they definitely don’t know the story between me and Cole. Why should I let their opinions get me down?”

“That’s the spirit!” Nikki yelled. I laughed, oh my God, I loved her. I just met her yesterday, but she was just too funny. Wait, was that a lamp in her tote? I looked more closely and surely I saw a lamp.

“Nikki, do you have a—” Cole cut me off. “Say cheese!” He pointed the camera at us and I quickly smiled.

“Do I have a what?” Nikki asked confusedly.

I shook my head and laughed, “Never mind.”

~

lol shoutout to Nikki on twitter! She was my main squeeze over the summer when I wrote this story, so she's not some fictional character. I will always know her as @AlwaysWillJay , but she's been changing it a lot lately. Anyway, she has this weird love for lamps & if you were confused at the end of the story, you shouldn't be now. hahaha I hope you enjoyed! <3