epilogue

"Aston, what if we don't make it on time?" I ask him nervously, as he tries to soothe me down. Key word: tries.

It's been 6 months since I ran over Spinach and a lot has happened.

Aston and I enjoyed New York so much, we decided to move there. So we now go to NYU with my major being Hospitality Management and Aston's studying Architecture. We both live in an apartment a block away from NYU, I work as a barista and he works at a local gym, needless to say he's gotten fitter and buffer over the past few months.

Today is Christmas Eve and we just arrived here in our hometown and took a cab to my parents house. We were already dressed up, me wearing a red cocktail dress, red lipstick and a fancy side bun and Aston wearing a dashing black suit with a white dress shirt and a red tie, matching the color of my dress. It was snowing so Aston and I had to wear our huge snow jackets, but I promise you we look great without them.

He continues to rub my hands calmly as he kisses my cheek every once in a while. I say he's grown out of his bad boy ways and really started maturing. Key word: started, as in not fully developed.

He still annoys me to hell and teases me about how he can't fit his arms through his sleeves cause his arms are 'too big' and I end up slapping him upside the head and ignoring him the rest of the day. He then realizes he's really pissed me off and asks, or sometimes begs, for forgiveness.

"Charlie we're already in the neighborhood with 30 minutes to spare, we're fine." He reassures me. I take a deep breathe and let him continuously soothe me.

5 minutes later we finally make it to the the house and I bolt out my seat as Aston stays behind to pay the taxi driver and pull out our luggage. I would've helped him out but I just miss my parents too much.

After our trip to New York for our first date my dad was home from his most recent business trip, which was the perfect time for Aston and my dad to grow their relationship.

Expectingly my dad didn't approve of Aston at first but after a few more family gatherings he's warmed up to him. I knock on the door anxiously to have Aston's mom, Jackie, open it for me.

"They're here!" Jackie yells behind her. "Oh it's so good to see you Charlie!" She says giving me a hug.

"It's great to see you too, Astons going with the luggage." On cue he comes from behind me and he hugs his mom. Jackie let's us in and I'm instantly hit with a warm environment and the smell of peppermint and wood burning. My house was filled with family and friends, greeting me and Aston and asking about New York.

Aston went to leave the luggage in my old room as I make my way to the kitchen, where my mom is frantically checking to see if the ham is ready yet.

"Hey mom." I say from behind her. "Oh Charlie you made it on time!" She says as she hugs me with a knife in her hand.

"Woah get that away from me." I say jokingly.

"Sorry I'm just waiting for this ham to be ready but it's not cooking."

"Don't worry mom, your food always ends up good in the end."

"Thank you honey, go take that coat off and settle yourself at home."

"Let me." My dad says from behind me as he helps me with my jacket. "Thanks dad." He gives me a welcome nod and takes the coat to the closet. Aston comes up from behind me, his coat off also, and kisses my cheek.

"Hello Aston, you're looking dashing in that suit." my mom says with a knowingly smile.

"Thank you, I wouldn't have known what to wear if it wasn't for this beautiful woman." He says as he hugs me from behind, resting his chin on the top of my head. I instinctively turn into jelly at his hug and lean onto him. My mom gushes over this and pinches both our cheeks.

"Aren't you guys just the cutest couple ever?! Go tell the guests that the ham is finally ready and to start sitting themselves down."

We both do just that, with Aston's arm still around me and everyone sits in their place. My mom brings out the steaming ham and everyone cheers and immediately digs in. After dinner and dessert my mom makes coffee for everyone and makes a hot chocolate for me.

Everyone was seated either on the couch or the floor in front of the fireplace, which is next to the Christmas tree filled with gifts.

One by one my mom read off the gifts and handed them to each person, reminding everyone to not open it yet, since it's always been a tradition to open the presents all at once.

We had a whole suitcase dedicated of gifts for the whole family and it was a real hassle to think of what that specific person wanted.

I was seated on the floor with Aston with his legs were spread open so I was sitting in between them and my head resting against his chest as his strong protective arms were wrapped around me.

Once my mom finished passing out the gifts we counted down to 3 and opened our gifts. I got a Micheal Kors watch from Jackie, 6 Pandora beads from my parents, and gifts cards from the rest of my family.

"What'd you get?" I asked Aston as I turn my full body around so I was facing him.

"Just a wallet, a video game, and socks from my mom." I laugh and show him what I got. As I turn to talk to one of my cousins Aston gets up and grabs a coffee mugs and taps it with a spoon, grabbing everyone's attention.

"If I may have your attention," he says as he puts the coffee mug down, and pulls me up from my sitting position so I was standing in front to him. "These few couple of months have been a real life changer for me. From the moment Charlie ran over my dog," and yes everyone knew the story of how I met Aston. "I knew she was going to make an impact on my life. I knew that she was going to do something to me that nobody else could do, and that was change my perspective on how I viewed everything." He grabs my hands and kisses them gently, then continues. "Charlie, you made me realize that there's more to life than revenge, you made me realize that there was hope for me after high school, and I couldn't have known that, if it wasn't for you. You are my partner in crime. The question is, will you be my partner in crime for the rest of my life?"

He gets down on one knee and I instinctively put my hand over my mouth, as he grasps my left one.

"Now I'm not asking for your hand in marriage yet. But I'm here to offer you a promise ring, a promise that you'll marry me after college and we once settle our lives together. Charlie Margo Sheen, will you do me the honor and pleasure of being my promising wife?"

"I-I do." I say choking out my tears. Everyone around us cheers and I realized that they all were recording us. But I didn't care.

All I care about is that I'm going to get married to the love of my life.

The clock rings 12 am, which means it's Christmas Day.

Aston kisses me passionately and I return him the kiss.

"Merry Christmas handsome." I say with a smile.

"Merry Christmas my beautiful fiancé. Mmmm," he groans softly. "You taste like chocolate, I can't wait to take you on tonight." He whispers in my ear. I gasp and slap his shoulder lightly. He chuckles and kisses me again softly.

In the end I'm getting married to the bad boy whose dog I ran over.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Sequel?

Idk, it's up to you guys.

I have a few ideas, so let me know if you want to hear it.

comment,

like,

share. 

I love you all!

~evelyn.