bonus for the babes

A//N: before I give you the bonus, I've just been wondering if you're feeling a sequel for this book. I actually have some pretty good ideas but it all depends what you guys think, anyways this is a late valentine's day bonus, ENJOY ;)

• • • • • • • • • • •

I never thought I'd be a grand parent so early in my life. It really was a life changing experience holding the two babies in my arms; it made me tear up to the point where snot was continuously wiped on my shirt. I caressed their semi hairless heads and cradle them to my arms. One boy and one girl. And another girl. And another boy. Then two more boys. And one more girl. And let's just throw in another girl too.

New born puppies were laying on my black fuzzy blanket crying out to their mother; while Aston was on the point of madness from all the chaos, Spinach was asleep on the couch, and Miss Lady was still giving birth.

Some people could say our situation is a mess, but for me it's a beautiful example of the circle of life.

Let's back track.

Aston and I both still live in New York, in Brooklyn, and have our degrees on Hospitality Management and Architecture.

I work at the Plaza Hotel as the Assistant Manager while Aston goes around creating buildings or whatever architectures do now-a-days.

Spinach would stay home alone and we could really only spend time with him on weekends, where Aston and I take him out to Central Park or Battery Park.

Nevertheless, he would spend his days alone at the apartment so Aston and I decided to get him a little sister. We named her Miss Lady from Lady and the Tramp since she was a Spaniel, and pretty young.

Did that stop Spinach from knocking her up?

Not at all.

Miss Lady started getting weak and throwing up in the kitchen and in Aston's office, so we decided to take her to the vet since it was a reoccurring event and it had us worried.

When the vet told us she was pregnant our reactions were:

"Are you serious?"

"I'm going to be a grandmother?!"

Then Aston flicked my head.

It was obviously something that we couldn't have happen since our lives are already so hectic enough, and adding a pregnant dog just didn't help.

So we both took a week off of work, a week we were gonna use to go back home, and attended to her needs. Miss Lady would cry, bite, fart, vomit, and fight all for a whole week. She was due on Friday but instead surprised us today, February 14th, Valentine's Day.

Normal couples would normally get dinner reservations, go watch a movie, or even take a bike ride in Central Park, but us? We get to be in this chaotic situation.

Now back to birth giving.

"She just gave birth to two more dogs, WHY AREN'T YOU STOPPING MISS LADY?!" Aston exclaims as the yapping dogs climb on him and nibble on his clothes. Spinach was just chilling on the couch, having the time of his life, while I pulled out the dogs and washed them clean.

"Aston, just hold the dogs please?? I'm pretty sure those were the last two."

Poof, and a girl comes out.

"Sorry, I'm positive this is the last one."

In total there were 11 puppies, 6 boys and 5 girls. They came in all different colors and patterns, from one being complete beige furred, while another had this weird avatar arrow on his head.

They were beautiful.

They all rested next to their mothers stomach and Spinach finally got off the couch and stood over her, as protection.

Aston and I leaned against the couch and watch as the babies climb on top of each other and try to walk. I lean my head on his shoulder and he kisses the top of my head.

"You were a great grandmother today."

"Thanks, you were a horrible grandfather." He scoffs and lays his head in the crook of my neck, making himself comfortable.

"I'm kidding, you did really good under all this pressure." I told him, nudging his shoulder.

"I'm sorry I couldn't take you out to dinner or anything like that. Instead we had to deal with newly birthed puppies." He says as he lifts his head off my shoulder and looks at me.

I shake my head. "As long as I spend my Valentine's Day with you, there's no place I'd rather be."

"That's some sappy shit."

I laugh and lightly punch his arm.

"I'm kidding, you basically read my mind; I wouldn't be at any place if you weren't there to be by my side. I love you."

"And I love you, Aston Kutcher."

"Dude shut up, you just ruined the moment by calling me that." I laugh again and grab his face to kiss it. He responds back immediately and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

I'm eternally grateful that we still have this bond between each other, even after all these years. Whether it's our silliness, seriousness, lovingness, or even when we get infuriated with each other, he still loves me the same as he did in high school.

And vice versa.

What are we gonna do with all these pups? I have no idea. But this moment right here and right now is all I want to think about.

A Valentine's Day I'll never forget.

• • • • • • • • • • •

Sooooo, what'd you think? Cute or not? I loved writing this little bonus because it wasn't anything cliche, and it was just raw and all about them.

Anyways make sure to let me know what you think about a sequel, I love feedback!

comment,
share,
like,

I love you all!

-Evelyn