✲ chapter three ✲

"Hello?" Aston says furrowing his eyebrows.

"Hi?" I say back in the form of a question. He seems to analyze me as if I'm a familiar face he's seen in the streets.

'Oh my god, he doesn't recognize me.' I thought to myself.

I mean of course he doesn't recognize you, remember that you're a loser in high school.

Wow, thanks for that friendly reminder, author.

Situations like these are just causes of reckless driving just like those people that drive on the highway with no respect for other cars, except in this case I have no respect for neighborhoods, four-way stop signs, and dogs. Oh my gosh, I'm a hoodlum.

I should probably turn myself in right? Is there a law for accidentally hitting a dog with your car? Even if he ran in front of it? But I also didn't obey the stop signs, so what's my real punishment? Do you think Spinach will tell his dog friends and I'll get gang bang by them? Gang bang by dogs? That sounds like some freaky shi--

"Does your hand hurt?" Aston asks, with a subtle hint of annoyance.

"I-uh-not really, I think."

"But it's bleeding like crazy."

"It happens." Does it happen? Of course, it doesn't happen. You don't get bit by a huge dog every day.

"Sorry," I say, finally composing myself. "I just have a million thoughts going on." He studies me with no expression on his face as if he's deciding the verdict.

"I might have to take you to the police."

With that sentence, I can feel my heart drop to my asshole and I'm on the verge on shitting it out.

My ears are ringing and my thoughts have now multiplied to a billion thoughts.

But you know, I figured I would have to get in trouble with the police one day. I've had dreams where my silent and neutral personality flies out of me and it gets replaced with a maniac, egotistical personality who couldn't care less about the law. I guess good girls really do go bad. But this good girl isn't ready to be a bad girl yet.

Huge, warm streaks of water slip out of my eyes and smack onto my bloody hand.

Aston notices this and immediately changes his expression.

"Woah woah, stop crying." He says frantically. But me being the cry baby I am, the tears didn't stop. A small sob escapes my lips and I put my bloody hand over it.

If you want a sentence with no context in it, here it is: There I was, blood all over my face, a dog called Spinach wants to end my life, and all I could think about at that moment? My Five Guys burger is getting soggy.

"Jesus, take your hand off your face!" Aston says, grabbing my wrist. "I-I-I'm so-sorry." I say as I start to bawl.

Dropping my wrist, Aston sighs and grabs my elbow with the injured hand and helps me in the car. "Get in the car."

"What?" I ask as he takes me to the passengers' side.

"We gotta get you checked out, and Spinach too." He aids me as I sit down on the passenger's seat, crushing my five guys food in between my hip and the center console of the car.

My poor burger and cajun fries.

Aston opens the back door and carries Spinach into the back seat, laying him down. He closes the door and walks over to the driver's seat. He sits in the seat but his legs are sticking out and his knees hitting the steering wheel.