Smøke- Fifteen

Smøke | Fifteen
A filler cause' I feel like being nice.

Christopher Brown.

Church service. It wasn't how I expected it to be, I mean I hadn't been since I was thirteen. But today, I actually payed attention and listened to the sermon. Learned something, I learned that God will love me if I change and that he'll change me because he loves me. It went pretty deep, I'll just leave it there. I didn't bring anyone along, I just needed to get some air and be alone.

Stopping by Mcdonald's for some breakfast, I was thrown off when I noticed Brit eating alone. I hadn't talked to Brit in years, hopefully she remembers me. After I order my usual and a coffee, I slip into the other side of the booth and she sends me a mean glare.

"Do I know- Oh my God. Christopher?" She says wiping her mouth.

"Hey baby, it's been years." I chuckle digging into my bag.

"Sure the hell has! You wearing a suit, this is new." She grins.

"I ain't even know I had one shawty, how you been?"

"I'm making it. Never got back with baby daddy. But I missed you! Like you were my best friend for a while!"

Barely best friends, but good friends. "Yeah, we gotta hang more." I agree taking a bite into my sandwich and feel the grease splatter along the table. What the fuck.

"We do. You ever work out things with them girls? And oh my God, let me see the kids!" She says dramatically. I slip her my phone and let her have the password. She scans the album as I eat and runs along the pictures.

"Such beautiful babies, which one is the youngest?" She raises an eyebrow as I get ready to respond.

"That would be Seryah, she's the real lightskinned one."

"So cute. The boys look bad. I know they act just like you." She smirks and I laugh because it's starting to become true.

"I try to teach wrong from right, but Carter acts just like me. Brayden all sweet, but I gotta toughen him up eventually."

"What about the one with Levi, that's her name right?"

"Oh Noemi. Yeah, she something real special." I say shaking my head. "Love her to death, swear I do."

"She's beautiful though." Brit hands me back my phone.

"Yeah, not to pick favorites but, she's my favorite."

"Don't tell the other kids that, it forms jealousy. That shit is ugly." She warns me. "I'd only tell you that. But how was your Christmas?" I ask.

"Crazy as fuck. I was pregnant again, by this dude I was going with for awhile. He said he'd be there for me, and I found him in bed with another woman Christmas day. Men are really fucked up." She groans. I felt for Brit, because I used to be those type of guys, well still am basically.

"That's why I'm in this suit. I went to church, I just don't wanna be who I was anymore. All the cheating, manipulating, abuse, it's not getting me what I want. I want a family, and making the same mistakes over and over again won't solve anything.