Smøke-Thirteen

Smøke | Thirteen
All the kids in the mm.

Levianna Stevenson.

"Is that all that happened babe?" My hand rubs Nomi's back as she finishes telling her remembrance of what occurred. I wasn't sitting down to watch my daughter's life go down hill anymore, I wanted to know I was safe, somehow.

"Okay. Thank you Ms. Stevenson. We're going to read over everything, and get back to you in a few businesses days to reiterate the restraining order for Christopher Brown. And as far as a lawyer and your case, you should definitely start looking. It's the best option, are we looking at a force of probation or jail time?" The police man asks me as we head towards the front of the station.

"I haven't decided yet, but please get back with me. This has to be settled." I say in hope.

"I promise. Have a nice night." He calls and I rush off with Nomi in my hand.

Sitting in the back of Leon's car it stayed silent. His facd flashes over in over in my mind. The way he smirked when I asked if he touched my baby. I just didn't know what was wrong with him, of why he acted this way. I can't ever think about loving a man who disrespects their child. It's the worst feeling in the world, and it's going to come to an end, whether he likes it or not.

Christopher Brown.

I'm doing this because I want Levi back. No, I'm doing this because I want Noemi back. I didn't want my daughter to think I'm some monster, too late?

I had already dropped the kids back off at Melonie's for the day. We weren't talking anymore, we didn't need to unless we were discussing the kids and school. Our divorce was still in action, but at the moment we were just separated.

"Mr. Brown, you can step inside my office." A younger white woman says to me. Forcing myself up out my seat, I follow her into the room and sit in a spiral chair as she sits behind her desk. "Now what do you need help settling? Personal issues or family related issues?"

"Both."

"Okay, whenever your ready to express your feelings, just let it all out."

Taking a deep breath, it was hard to admit aloud. But I wanted to do this so I could have my daughter back. "I like to touch my daughter. And I can't deny it."

"Oh, alright. Well what led you to touching her?"

"It was Thanksgiving week, she was in the bathtub alone. I told her not to get in the bath alone. But she told me she was hurting in her vagina. My girlfriend at the time never talked to me about her hurting down there or being sore. I'm not sure if she has a problem or not, I wasn't aware. So she wanted to soothe it, and her mom was sleep. All I meant was for her to feel better, I didn't mean to hurt her or make her think I'm some monster..." My words are shaking and I'm starting to break down. My poor baby Nomi, I feel so horrible.

"Take your time."

After sitting with my head in my hands for a few moments, I bring myself to speak again.

"I feel horrible, but I applied some vasline for her, and told her I'd rub her. And I looked into her eyes, and she looked like someone I know. She looked like her mother, the same innocence and everything. I couldn't help it, and I just want my baby to know I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry." Tears are basically streaming down my cheekbones, I controlled my sobs. I can't hurt Noemi like this again, it would ruin everything. Worst of all, she will never forget this.