Chapter 11- Cookies

Amy’s POV

                Niall had been staying at my house for a week. It seemed crazy that he had been here that long already. It also meant that he was only there for two more days. I really liked him being there and was sad that he’d be leaving but he had to get back to his life. I couldn’t keep him all to myself. We had both been on Tumblr and Twitter together laughing at all of the theories the fans and the paparazzi had formulated as to where he was. Some people even said that he had died and management was trying to cover it up but they were taking a while to figure out how. But our favorite theory was that Niall had gotten on a plane with Zayn and had crash landed and they were now stranded on a remote island in the Pacific Ocean (apparently no one had seen Zayn in a week either).

*

I was cleaning the dishes as Niall cleared the table after dinner. I still wasn’t quite sure where we stood. It was difficult because we really hadn’t known each other for too long, yet we seemed to mesh really well together. I really wanted to know what he was thinking.

                “I’m going over to the Murphy’s for book club in 20 minutes. Can you do some chores for me before I get back?”

                I grumbled in response to my mom. Don’t get me wrong I don’t really mind doing the occasional chores around the house, but I had Niall here and I didn’t want to bore him by doing laundry.

                “’Yes, of course mother, I’d love to!’ is what you meant to say, right?” Niall laughed at my mom’s joke which made her smile at him. She liked him, I could definitely tell. “I need you to vacuum the stairs, do the laundry, and clean the bathroom.” Ughg I hated vacuuming the stairs. It always took so much time.

                My mom had just left and Niall and I were left home again. I left him watching TV so I could get the laundry going. He must have been watching something funny because I could hear him laughing all through the house as I collected towels and clothes from all of the rooms. I smiled to myself when I heard a particularly loud bark of laughter while I was sorting the laundry. He really didn’t seem like some international superstar when we were around each other. I had almost totally forgotten that he was. He was just too normal. But he was amazing at the same time, everything about him made me happy. He was a complete goofball. I loved it.

                I finished cleaning the bathroom while the first load of laundry finished drying. While I was loading another one I was distracted by quiet snickers coming from right behind me.

                “Niall! What are you doing!?” He had taken one of my bras and put it on and was currently trying to fit into a pair of my shorts. He looked at me innocently. “Give them back, Horan.” I tried to stop myself from laughing.

                “What are you gonna do about it, Amy?” He teased.

                “I guess we’ll have to wait and see.” I lunged forward to try to grab them, but he backed away too quickly and started toward the kitchen. I started chasing him but it didn’t last too long because he still had my shorts around his legs and he tripped and fell onto the ground. I started wrestling my clothes off of him while he tried to distract me by tickling me. He knew my weakness. Before I knew it I was in hysterics and all hope of getting my clothes back was lost.

                “Looks like I win again.” He winked at me as he sat against the fridge.

                “Too bad this is my house and I can give out whatever punishment I want whether it was deserved or not.” I countered.