Chapter 7 - Pass the Phone

Just then Niall moved impossibly close. His height caused me to have to look up at him as he stared down into my eyes. His hands gingerly wrapped around my waist, still waiting for any form of protest from me. It never came. Niall brought his face within millimeters of my own. He held this position, wanting to make sure I really wanted to do this. I couldn’t stand it anymore! I finally brought my lips to his as my hands snaked around his neck. The kiss was soft, much softer than I was expecting, but it held an immense amount of sweetness that lingered on my lips as the kiss came to an end. I shyly peeked up at him with a smile dancing on my lips. To my surprise he returned the smile and released my waist only to take up my hand and continue toward the car with me, breathless, trailing behind.

                The car came into view and I hopped through the door that Niall had opened for me.

                “Have a nice time?” The driver asked.

                Niall and I exchanged a sideways glance. “Absolutely.” We said in unison.

                My hand never left Niall’s as the journey home continued. I found myself stupidly smiling at myself whenever my thoughts wandered back to the park. He seemed to know what was on my mind when this happened because he would lightly squeeze my hand. This, of course, caused my face to flush which Niall found hilarious every single time.

                We were almost back to my house.

                “So when can I see you again?” Niall begged.

                “I don’t think I’m the one we have to worry about in this situation. You’re the one traveling the world. I’m just going to be here at home.”

                “You mentioned you had school vacation coming up…it doesn’t happen to start the week after next, does it?”

                “It does actually…Is that when you have time off!?” I asked excitedly. What were the chances that our schedules would actually sync up.

                “Great! I want to come see you.” He stated. “Would that be okay?”

                “Of course. I might be able to convince my mom to let you stay in the guest bedroom so you don’t have to deal with hotels.” I said. “I-if you want to.”

                “That’d help a lot. It’s always annoying getting the security and stuff straightened out.”

                The car pulled into my driveway. We got out of the car and slowly walked toward the front door. We paused. Niall leaned down and planted a soft kiss on my cheek.

                “Bye Amy.”

                “Bye Niall.” I responded breathlessly. And then he was gone. The gravel of my driveway crunched as the car pulled away and I entered my house. My mom was in the kitchen making cookies.

                “So, have a nice time?”

                “Yeah, it was great. We went to this little restaurant by a river, it was beautiful.”

                “Were you there for the entire time?” She inquired.

                “There was a park nearby that we went to. I nearly got attacked by a rabid squirrel.”

                “Anything else happen?” It was like she knew everything that happened. Sheesh. I wasn’t really a fan of her knowing about my almost nonexistent love life though.