Chapter XXI: Our Fight

Previously: An old rule regarding Prom has resurfaced and Eren, Levi and their friends are setting out to get it changed.

•••

Erwin did his part and went to go talk to the principal, he even took Mikasa and Bertolt because apparently he himself isn't intimidating enough. Anyway it turns out the parents that brought up the rule is a very influential member of our schools PTA and the principal is too scared to defy her.
Which is totally messed up so Erwin took it to the next step and talked to the superintendent of our school district. It's lunchtime and we're all waiting to hear what he found out.

"I talked to the superintendent and he said that in order to change the rule we either need the full support of the entire staff or seven hundred signatures from the students of this school," Erwin recounts.

Everyone started to talk to each other. This school has a thirteen hundred kids so we need over half of them to sign the petition.

"Okay calm down, obviously we all know that there are teachers that won't support us so our only option is the signatures. We are going to continue with the original plan, Krista, Eren have you guys finished the posters?" Erwin asked.

"Yes!" We respond in unison.

"Excellent take someone with you and start putting them up around the building after school today. Everyone else focus on getting signatures, use every legal means possible," he looked at Annie and Ymir.

"Does anyone have any more ideas for getting signatures?" He asked.

Everyone look around at each other not sure of anything to say. Then Armin spoke up.

"We could also hand out one version of the poster at the entrances, that would give people a chance to ask questions and it would show that we are people and show that there are more than just a couple of us," he suggests.

"That is an excellent idea. Does anyone want to volunteer to do that?" Erwin says putting his hand on Armin's shoulder.

"I'll do it!" Hanji says excitedly.

"I'll join her!" Sasha says high-fiveing Hanji.

"Sasha you're not even gay," I say laughing.

"Hush child that doesn't matter," Hanji chides.

Everyone laughs and then Erwin speaks again.

"Okay that sounds good. Everyone has a job and there is no way we can't beat this thing so let's get out there and give it our all."

Everyone cheers and goes back to eating lunch. We all feel motivated and excited after what Erwin said. I use my free arm and link it around Levi's and weave our fingers together. I smile at him, he just stares but then nuzzles his face into my neck.

•••

After school Levi and I start putting up the posters around the school. Not the most exciting couple activity but it is for a good cause. I am holding the posters and he is handing me tape. I take a piece of tape from him, finish taping a poster to the wall and give an exaggerated sigh.

"We still have over thirty posters this is going to take forever!" I complain for the fifth time.

I turn to go to the next location when Levi pins me against the wall. He goes on his toes in order to get close to my face. Our lips are only a few centimeters apart, I brace myself.

"Stop complaining, it's annoying," he says, then let's me go and starts walking away.

"Hey, that's mean," I say jokingly but am still a bit flustered.

I follow him and we put up a few more posters. As we get to the older part of the school we are nearly done. Then I feel someone push me from behind. I catch myself before falling to the ground and I look behind me. I see three guys, the same guys who Levi saved me from earlier this year.

"Hey what was that for?!" I say angrily.

The guy smirks at me and says while prepping to punch me.

"I don't like what you're doing you little f-," before he is able to hit me Levi grabs his arm, twists it and hits him on the back of the head.

He falls to the ground and his two companions stare in shock. Levi glares at them, causing them to panic. They drag their unconscious buddy away from us as fast as they could. I don't know what they were thinking, Levi and I could have taken them with our eyes closed.

"You didn't have to do that I could have taken care of him myself y'know," I say to him.

He raises an eyebrow and then continues walking in the direction we were previously going. I follow and we finish putting up the posters.

"Well that was fun," I say grinning at him.

He rolls his eyes and takes the collar of my shirt and pulls me into a kiss.

"Thanks for saving me again," I say into the kiss.

We pull away and he says. "Your welcome brat."

We lace our fingers together and walk out of the school.

•••

It's only five days before Prom and after two weeks of handing out stuff, getting people to sign the petition and anything else we could think of we finally are going to see if we made it.
It is lunchtime once again and Armin has the papers in his hands. He was tasked with counting the signatures.

Everyone is silent, waiting to hear the verdict. Armin opens his mouth to speak,

"The number of signatures we obtained is..."