Broom Incidents

Hey guys! Do you like the new cover? It took me a while to make it (not really I did it in SOSE because it was boring). I know I've made mistakes in this book for example the ANZAC one (I'm really sorry for the mistake) but I'm not going to edit the book until I've finished it. There will be mistakes because half the time when I write the chapters it's one in the morning and I also suck at pre-checking. Anyway onto the story...

*Ginny's POV*

It has been only two weeks since Percy has arrived here and already everyone loved him. Which isn't that hard considering he was a funny and easy likable guy. Fred and George continued with their mission and were constantly trying (key word trying) to prank Percy. The only pranks that were successfully pulled were the ones made by Percy.

We were all sitting around in the living room waiting for Percy. He always went for a run just before lunch and he always came back covered in sweet and dust.

"Let's teach Percy how to play Quidditch," Ron accounted.

"Why?" I said.

"Well if he's anything like Harry he'd be awesome! Plus he looks like that type of guy who plays sport, I mean... have you seen the size of his muscles!" Ron exclaimed.

From what I learnt about Percy, is that he doesn't play sport. I've even asked him once and all he said was that the only sport he'd played was swimming. Besides Percy seems more of a laid back skater guy than a jock. Though, I do have to agree with Ron on the muscles part.

"It's pointless," Hermione said, we all turned to look at her, "As soon as the Summer Holidays end, he will go back to America. So there's no use of learning a game that he's never going to play."

"I half agree with Hermione, he's got his whole life back in America so his going to go back. But learning Quidditch isn't pointless, when he comes over to visit he can play with us," Harry piped up.

I've notice a difference in Harry. Ever since Percy came he seems more...relaxed, less on edge. He spoke more in our conversations and isn't tired anymore, like the weight of the world had been lifted off his shoulders.

"Well it's settled than, we'll teach Percy how to play Quidditch. Of course after lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No way in Hades am I going on that!"

Percy looked at the broom with fear mixed with malice. He cringed his nose at it like it smelt horrible and backed away from it.

"It's just a broom," said Ron.

"It's a flying broom."

"What? Scared of heights?" Harry teased.

Percy just glared at them.

"So your really are scared of heights?" Harry said disbelieving.

"I'm not scared of heights. I'm more worried about what will happen once I'm up in the sky," Percy retorted.

"Nothing bad will happen," Ron told him.

We have been trying to to get Percy on the broom for the past hour. So far we can't even get him anyway near him. I swear, his more stubborn than a mule.

"Get on the broom," sighed Ron.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"NO! I'm not going on the broom and that's that!" Percy exclaimed.

Ron chuckled his hands in frustration, Harry was chuckling at his friends antics. Percy sat on the ground just to prove his point and smirked, knowing he had won. Harry put his hand on Ron's shoulders.

"If Percy doesn't want to do this, his not doing to do it. He got into a fight with Hermione about blue food dye makes everything taste better and she gave up."

That was hard thing to do. I got to admit, Percy can hold his ground. We gave up on Percy because he was a lost cause. We all got onto our brooms and flew up. We didn't have enough numbers to play so we practice getting goals and defending them. I saw the twins flew off. We were they going? It didn't take too long to find out, I heard a scream.

"PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!" screamed Percy.

The twins hysterical laugh echoed though the field. They were doing front flips and a lot of difficult maneuvers and Percy kept on screaming bloody murder. Out of nowhere storm clouds gathered. The sound of thunder was deafening and the lighting blinded me.

Time slowed down as I saw the accident happened. I saw the lighting stuck Fred's broom and Fred and Percy plummeting to the ground right into the lake. Percy quickly grabbed Fred and when they hit the water, Percy cushioned Fred's fall.

I heard a scream. I don't know who's it was, it could of been mind. We flew to the lake and got off out brooms. George was about to go after his twin, but two figures emerged from the water. Percy was carrying Fred out of the lake, water dripping from them. Once they were on land, Percy placed Fred on the ground and pushed him into his side. Water pouted from his mouth and went into a coughing fit.

I looked up at the sky. The storm disappeared as quick as it came. I looked at at Fred and he was still coughing up water. Once the coughing fit had subsided, Fred looked up at Percy in awe.

"You saved my life!"

Percy looked at his feet, shifting form one foot to another. He was obviously didn't like the attention. Percy continued to say nothing.

"What if we hit the ground? You could of died Percy!" exclaimed Fred.

"So? Is it a bad thing?" Percy whispered.

All head whipped to him. Did he just say what I think he said?

"I mean, if I were to die I would like it to be when I'm old and happy or I saved one of my friends life. It hurts knowing you could of saved your friend's life but you didn't. I would do anything for my friend, anything," Percy explained.

We were all stunned. No one talk or moved, just sat still. We learnt something today. Percy was extremely loyal and would do anything for the ones he'd loved.

"Well be better get Fred inside before he freezes to death. George can you help me carry him inside?" Percy says, breaking the silence.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I watched as the three of them wobbled away.