Chapter 39

We're very near the town, Min has been awfully quiet, Ruth and Kenneth have been acting weird themselves...I just hope we will be alright when the time comes to fight. When we finally get back to Kielray I can't believe what my eyes are seeing, chaos, a terrible chaos...my heart seems to have stopped for a second, by my side my comrades gasp in shock. Everyone is fighting against everyone, blood splatters everywhere.

-"What on earth..."-I whisper trembling slightly. I feel a hand gently squeezing my shoulder. I turn to see Kenneth smiling at me.

-"Don't be afraid, we're here for you"-

-"You're right, let's go"-I smile back at them. Suddenly a thought crosses my mind.

-"What's the matter Fay?"-Ruth asks.

-"They are like dark creatures now, and the actuak dark spirits must be very close...if we walk past them they will target us and probably kill us, we are outnumbered"-I explain them.

-"We will have to act then, pretend that we are fighting at the same time we move towards the castle"-Min says her eyes shining with determination, we nod agreeing and walk towards the people. It's confusing, I avoid getting hit and shout curses at everyone, we're quickly moving to the castle as we fight a little and act to be out of our minds just like them. Suddenly a man walks to Ruth with a smirk, he stumbles like he's drunk.

-"Look at those enormous breasts..."-he launches himself towards Ruth, Kenneth hits him square on the face.

-"Don't touch her!"-he looks enraged, the man pulls out a knife and tries cutting his throat, with a swift movement of his hands a strong blast of air sends the man flying.

-"That's a spirit! Get him!"-someone screams, cries of war are followed. Kenneth sighs and smiles at us.

-"Run girls, get to the castle, I will stop them"-he says and starts fighting against the crowd, his eyes starting to glow white as he uses his full power. I pull Ruth from the hand and run towards the palace along with Min, we run until we get there.

-"There's no one guarding the door...they must be inside"-Min observes and walks to the door, we follow, Ruth looks shaken so I hope she will be alright for battling.

...

Faythe looks from one side to the other when we get into the palace, I'm aware of my surroundings and prepare to attack, we walk in silence looking for the Queen. Ruth has her bow and her arrows with her, I instead carry daggers and a sword.

-"This way"-Faythe suddenly says and runs in complete silence to another hall, we quickly follow. Two big doors open and reveal a fantastic room where the throne is, the Queen sits there smiling...how dare she? She seems so calmed...

-"Why, hello dear girls, I don't want visits for the moment"-her smile is full of pointy teeth.

-"We're not here for a friendly visit"-Faythe spits out the words.

-"I see, well, die!"-she laughs like a psychopath, my body moves without me noticing. Faythe...I love you, please forgive me for everything! I smile as I land on my knees in front of her, goodbye Faythe...fight! Fight!

...

My eyes open as wide as they can, my mouth is slightly opened, I want to scream but no sound comes out. She smiled at me...one last time, I watch Min's back slowly getting covered in blood as the sword cut right through her.

-"Faythe...fight!"-she shouts, blood coming out from her mouth, her body drops lifelessly on the floor, tears sting my eyes and roll down my cheeks. Min...

-"That sword was directed at you Faythe, but your friend was idiot enough to get on the way, I was going to turn her into a nice pet...what a shame, well I'll now have to kill you"-she says with a wide smile on her face just as if she's talking about us drinking tea and eating cookies together.

-"You...you!"-I feel my blood boiling, I take my sword and run directly at her, with a movement I barely notice I'm sent flying across the room. I gasp when I get slammed against a wall, the air out of my lungs, I drop on the floor full of pain.

-"FAYTHE!"-Ruth screams and runs towards me.

-"RUTH WATCH OUT!"-I scream at her, she quickly avoids the arrows Aisling directed at her.

-"You're good avoiding my attacks, that makes it more fun for me!"-she laughs and keeps throwing arrows at her, I stand up and use my sword quickly cutting them in the air. I learned many techniques with Mei.

-"You're insane!!"-I shout.

-"Thank you darling, you flatter me, oh...what's that I see? Your darkness! I see it arising, good, good"-suddenly I see dark masses appearing around me, they look just like me and scream with an unhuman voice.

-"Leave me alone!"-I swing the sword at them but it doesn't seem to affect them.

-"Darling, can't you see? Those are parts of yourself"-she says with a sickly sweet voice.

-"You're lying!!"-I scream as they try to pull me into their cold embrace.

-"Faythe!!"-Ruth eyes are full of pain, she reaches out for me.

-"Quick Ruth, go look for Kenneth!"-

-"I'm not leaving you alone!"-

-"Ruth, if you don't, we'll both be dead before the night falls"-I shout at her at the same time I fight desperately with them.

...

I can't leave her alone her with that monster! I can't lose her too...but if I don't look for help we'll both die. Against my wish to stay I run outside the room being careful to avoid the Queen's attacks, I run through the halls when suddenly something catches my attention. Oh no...the people are coming into the castle, Kenneth is fighting with them too, he seems to be struggling to get across the mass of people without getting killed. My heart aches for him...please Kenneth, come back to me.

Here's the next chapter! Sorry it came out short, anyways I hope you enjoy it. Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting!

With much love Bel :3