Chapter 34

I pace from one side to the other utterly confused by Zethyr's words, alright I know we have spirits inside ourselves but how is that helping me call the spirit of Hosho?

-"Mei, dear, calm down"-Faythe takes my hands and looks into my eyes.

-"Fay, I don't know what to do, I have done so much harm, soon the soldiers will be here destroying everything and I'm sure those dark spirits are destroying Kielray! Maybe even your school...I'm so sorry"-I blurt looking down.

-"So we meet again"-Kenneth's voice makes me look up.

-"Kenneth...yes, thank you for all your help"-I reply slowly looking at him.

-"I have done bad too my lady, I sold my land and home to a dark faery, I even worked for her! But I know that you and your beloved can fix this"-

-"Wait...you worked for her? That means you knew her plan?"-Faythe asks.

-"Why does she hate my family so much? And these lands?"-

-"She's a faery, and faeries like to get all they want, if something offends them...they can turn into Aisling"-he explains carefully.

-"But what offended her so much?"-

-"She wanted you Mei, when you were born she wanted to raise you as her own and teach you magic, but your parents loved you too much and didn't think she was the person for such an important work, so they chose Zethyr instead of her"-as he speaks my eyes widen, I didn't expect this answer.

-"So she killed her parents? She's insane...but what about the spirit of Hosho? Or Kielray? Kielray did nothing to her"-Faythe frowns as she's trying to figure out the answers to her questions.

-"You are all connected, the Spirit of Hosho is the spirit of every single creature here...she takes care of each one of you, and she lives within you, Kielray isn't a land apart from this one, but their people have forgotten all about spirits and connection...but she hasn't, she lives within Kielray too...that used to be part of Hosho"-Kenneth's eyes shine as he explains this.

-"The answer is within us...that's it! Hurry Fay I know what to do, thank you so much Kenneth, please go prepare everyone for battle"-I quickly say and drag Faythe deeper into the forest.

-"Mei! Wait! Where are we going?"-she exclaims as I drag her.

-"To a silent place, one where we can connect...actually, one where we can feel the connection"-

After a while walking we get to the place I was looking for, a beautiful clearing. I sit down and Faythe sits down beside me.

-"Mei...I know you can do this, but I don't think you need my help"-

-"Of course I need you, I represent Hosho but you represent Kielray...be the first one to remember your true origins, your soul and your spirit"-

-"I'm not like you! I'm not a half dragon and I'm not a half spirit like Moonlight...I'm just...me"-

-"And you just you is enough for connecting to the origins of Kielray, Faythe...you've come a long way, you learned how to fight, you became strong, you proved yourself you're not like your parents...classmates...and everyone else said you were, you are you, and I love you...before I trained you, you already had something I love and admire about you...your kindness, you saw a human in me even in my dragon form as I tried to kill you, Faythe...my knight lady, I need you for this"-every word spoken comes from deep within my heart, I start to feel warm and finally...free.

-"Ryuko...Mei...I love you"-she replies hugging me, my lips find hers and I kiss her deeply, fire burning in my chest but not hurting me...this warmth makes me feel full of joy, not pain. When I pull back her grey eyes are glowing, I blink surprised.

-"F-Faythe!"-

-"Your eyes are glowing!"-she exclaims.

-"Yours too!"-

-"I guess this is it...we can call her now"-

Suddenly I remember her name, and I remember all about her, she was always there with us.

-"Hoshi, please come, we need you...I need you"-I speak softly, she's here. She has always been here.

Hello! I hope you liked this chapter, I finally found the inspiration I was missing...forgive me for taking so long. Thank you so much for all the views, votes and comments.

With much love Bel :3