Chapter 24

The forest is screaming in pain, why...why is this happening? I close my eyes and focus on the roots, as long as the roots stay safe the trees will live...everyone gather, air spirits, water spirits, light and fire spirits, dark and night spirits, all gather around...we need you.

-"Zethyr?"-someone asks behind my back.

-"Yes, that's me...you must be the traitor..."-I reply turning around to find the air spirit with the human form of a young man.

-"I...I am..."-the guilt and pain in his voice are obviously sincere.

-"You are destroying our forest, because of you she cries in pain...because of you the air is filled with the stench of war and death...do you understand that?"-I ask him slowly, my tone firm but not rude.

-"Yes...I do"-his eyes are full with tears, the air plays with our hair.

-"Well then, as a forest spirit...the last one standing, I forgive you...but what you did will have consequences that you can't escape...you'll have to pay, but I won't be the one making you pay"-I tell him softly touching the nearest tree, it's energy is now weaker...

-"I will do anything! I'm truly sorry about everything"-he speaks painfully.

-"Tell me...on the way here, did you find a dragon with red scales and a beautiful knight lady with dirty blonde hair and light grey eyes?"-I have been so worried for those two, specially my dear Mei, she is in so much danger right now.

-"Actually...yes, I took them back to Kielray"-he answers his eyes wide.

-"Good, well I need you to go back to your Queen...we need someone to know her plans so we can deffend ourselves"-

-"Yes sir!"-

-"Be careful Kenneth"-I advise him just before he runs away back to the kingdom. It hurts so much...please everyone gather around...

When I open my eyes again I'm surrounded by thousand of spirits, they all look injured, angry and sad.

-"Everyone, I know you are suffering right now...I apologize for hiding all this time, I'm now back, I'm here to help you fight and save this forest"-I speak loud and clear for everyone to hear.

-"I'm here to help"-a water spirit says stepping foward, she's a beautiful woman with dark blue hair and scales all over her skin.

-"Laia...isn't it?"-

She blinks surprised unable to answer.

-"I am a forest spirit, if you ever touched one of the trees I can search your energy and get to know you better...trees really know how to look right into your hearts"-I reply simply smiling at her.

-"What's your name?"-Laia asks getting back her composture.

-"My name is Zethyr, nice to meet you all...we need to work together, each one of us is important to save Hosho"-I turn to look at the rest, they murmur in agreement still confused to have all the spirits in one place. Suddenly the light spirits growl.

-"We won't ally with darkness!"-

-"Water spirits can't work with fire spirits!"-

-"Air spirits are all traitors!"-

-"Everyone listen! We have to work together to save the forest! You must leave your differences aside!"-I shout but no one listens, I have no authority over them...besides I've been a coward, I must first gain their trust...but how? Am I really the leader they need? No, it's not me. More and more screams and growls fill the air, this is not good...their energy is tainted, war and hate works as a poison inside their hearts, we need help...someone to bring peace...but who?