Chapter 37

-"We have to go now"-I tell Mei trying to keep my voice from breaking, I have to look brave and sure about myself. I know I can do this.

-"Fay, my love, I taught you the best I could...I trust you, you're brave, you're strong...your portrait should be hanged on every wall of the castle you call home, thinking about it better...that may be a bad idea, what if they see how wonderful you are and want you for themselves?"-Mei chuckles but her eyes tear up-"You're only mine...so I need you to come back, please"- she holds me by the shoulders.

-"I will be alright, I'll come back...I promise"-I know making promises you don't know if you can keep is something bad but I really hope I can keep this one. We hug, a warm embrace that fills my soul with hope and courage.

-"Time to go"-Min comments trying not to sound so harsh and goes back to Ruth and Kenneth.

-"I love you Mei"-I kiss her and walk away, she smiles.

-"I love you too Faythe"-she says and I turn around, she makes a heart with fire in front of her and smiles bright. I feel my cheeks blushing a deep red and give her a silly smile in return.

-"Ready to go?"-Kenneth asks softly.

-"I am"-I smile at him, I'm glad he decided to come with us, even though I know how to take out the power within me I feel more secure having a spirit close. Min and Ruth nod once at me and we look for our horses, the spirits brought my loyal Midget. I pat his neck and jump on his back, followed by the rest we run headed to Kielray. Laia parts the river for us to come through quicker, fast like the wind we ride without stopping. Inside my heart I can feel the rest of the spirits giving us their support, I smile ready to fight until my very last breath. Min rides by my side, on the other side rides Ruth, both are my best friends since I have memory. I remember the first time we met, both of them were very talented unlike me. I was trying to hold a sword and almost cut Min's head off by accident, she glared at me and then taught me to hold it properly. I recall Ruth was watching, we were only kids so she didn't have those big breasts but she had her beautiful violet eyes. Min was so busy teaching that she didn't notice when I approached Ruth and told her she could come closer, that we wouldn't hurt her. Min realized and smiled at her, and since that moment we became best friends...I hope forever.
We stop to sleep after a long while, we don't make a bonfire but Kenneth helps keeping the winds from freezing us to death. I look up at the sky full with stars, I finally reached the stars...I hope I will see you again soon, my dragon girl.

...

I'm glad to be here with my best friends and Kenneth, Ruth and him are talking, my eyes land on Faythe who's concentrated on practicing her combat skills. I fell in love with her, since too long ago, but I never should have done that...I shut my eyes remember the painful event where I hurt my best friend, I was so jealous! I still can't believe I acted like that...

-"Everything alright?"-Ruth asks me and smiles sweetly, seriously Ruth you're too good for your own good.

-"Don't worry Ru"-I reply with a smile.

-"Min, I have to look for something that might help us in battle...come with me"-Kenneth says standing up and heading to the forest. Is he insane? I won't follow a spirit I barely know to a dark forest.

-"You should go"-Ruth says softly, I sigh and follow him, I was easy to convince huh?. After a while we stop in a place where the moonlight is enough for us to be able to see each other.

-"I know something's bothering you"-he speaks softly, his voice sounding slightly like the howling of the wind.

-"You don't know me spirit"-I almost spit the words, I don't know why I'm so mad at him.