Chapter 15

I stand fronzen, I look down at my student, her eyes widened with fear, I'm feeling frightened myself.

-"How do you know he wants that?"-I ask just wishing this is all a terrible mistake.

-"He already ordered me to prepare a great amount of poison, the coronation hasn't taken place yet...but he has me threatened"-Zethyr says grimly.

-"A human threat is nothing to you, I know that"-I cross my arms in front of me.

-"I don't want to reveal who I am, I would have to leave forever this lands"-his voice sounds strained.

I know what he is...and certainly is not something he should be telling everyone. Not anyone, to be honest.

I'm frustrated, memories struggle to take place in my mind but I push them back as I've been doing for so long.

-"Ryuko...we must leave this place"-Faythe speaks shyly. I turn to her, the look in her light grey eyes surprises me greatly.

-"Faythe is not that easy, I turn into a dragon and breathe out fire sometimes..."-

-"Beautiful young lady, Faythe is that your name? Sure it is, now...how old are you?"-Zethyr cuts me off.

-"I'm 17..."-Faythe replies softly, she's incredibly cute...Ryuko back to reality.

-"That's how young you were when we first met, a hundred years ago"-Zethyr speaks like nothing is happening.

-"You're 117 years old?!"-Faythe almost screams shocked, I should have told her that sooner...

-"Yes, as a dragon, I've lived a very long life..."-if being in a cave tortured by memories and burning my lungs is what you call living...

-"You only breathe fire when you get upset, I can help you with that...I can train you in self control, as you've trained me in self defense"-Faythe's eyes shine as she's speaking, I feel a warm feeling spreading across my chest...this warmness is nice, unlike the warmness of rage. Taking a deep breath I look at her in the eye.

-"Let's start now, shall we?"-I smile at her and she gives me a beautiful smile back.

I'll change my destiny.

...

My head is spinning as I finish my training, blinking the silver lights dancing before my eyes I leave my sword aside and sigh. Sweat runs down my back feeling cold against my hot body, my legs are shaking and I can't feel my fingers anymore. Training myself to exhaustion it's what I do everyday, but specially today...when I'm swinging my sword all the problems seem to have disappeared, I feel free, and today my soul is hurting and craves for that feeling. The death of the king brought trouble to all of us, we don't have a new king and everyone is willing to kill just to get the throne.

Green. Bright colors. Too bright. The memories of Hosho and it's enchanted forest invade my mind without a warning. The air there...something felt wrong in it, deadly wrong...

-"Moonlight are you listening to me?"-

Blinking surprised and confused I turn back to find Natasha standing there staring at me.

-"What?"-

-"You look terrible, training that much could be hurtful..."-her voice trails off, her eyes finding mine.

-"I'm fine"-

-"Were you thinking about...the dragon?"-she asks carefully, her voice not as cold as it always is.

-"Yes...I was, I still don't understand why it got away when clearly dragons fight until they die...and they have much strength, maybe we didn't defeat it"-the concern I didn't want to show slipped in my tone.

-"I know...I thought so too, we can only hope it's really dead"-she replies looking away.

-"Natasha! Moonlight!"-Ruth says and smiles softly, Min by her side stands quiet.

-"Hello girls"-Natasha answers politely, she's always that polite?

-"We only wanted to thank you again for fighting by our side"-Ruth speaks gently like she usually does, but her deep violet eyes don't sparkle anymore.

-"It was dangerous but both of you are great knights"-Min adds trying to hide her bitterness.

-"Thank you"-I simply reply. Without saying another word I leave the room, having friends isn't my plan...I'm better alone. But why do I wish to stay with them?  Leave pain aside...I can't...with my eyes drowned with sadness I watch the night sky fall, the cold and untouchable moon looking back at me. Someday I'll be free...

Hello my dear readers!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and comment. Thanks for reading you make me so happy with your views.

With much love Bel :3